Is this the destination for you?
If you like your tacos and enchiladas and want to learn about pre-Hispanic culture, see traditional towns or laze on idyllic beaches, then a trip to Mexico
is on the cards. Try to learn some Spanish beforehand. If you don't want to, then holiday north of the border.
You should go if
- You want to plunge yourself into Mexico City's buzz and culture
- You love Mexican food
- The Maya fascinate you and you want to visit their incredible sites.
- You love idyllic, untouched beaches
- You prefer modern resorts like Cancun or Acapulco
- You like the charm of colonial towns
You shouldn't go if
- You're looking for a destination that's not too touristy
- You've just started a diet
- You don't (or don't want to) speak Spanish
- You think that Mayan culture should stay in the past and pyramids are not your thing
- You don't have at least three weeks available