Travelling in July
Beach holidays in July
Summer is in full swing and July is the perfect time for a trip away to the beach. Why not set off on a trip to one of our top three beach destinations for July.
- For a classic beach holiday in July, visit Sri Lanka, whose breathtaking beaches and coves will be the perfect place to get away. Explore Sri Lankan towns and cities while you’re here and see the bustle that this destination is so well known for. Try incredible authentic Sri Lankan food or even luxury cuisine before treating yourself to a beach-side spa.
- Visit the natural beach paradise of The Philippines and enjoy so much more than just sand and sea in the beautiful areas around the jaw-dropping volcanoes and national parks. Discover the caves and islands that surround the coast and enjoy everything you could possibly ask for from a July beach trip.
- Lounge on the shores of Goa, in India and enjoy a unique location where you can get relaxation and culture in equal measure. Taste delicious traditional food and meet some of the world’s most welcoming people.
City trips in July
A July city trip can be a great way to experience the culture of any country. Explore the culture, food, art, architecture and meet the diverse range of people who live in some of the most fascinating and beautiful cities around the world.
- Visit Mexico city for a taste of authentic Mexican culture as you try delicious food and visit important and interesting museums celebrating the long history of this city, Maya, Inca and Aztec artefacts and incredible art, such as in The Frida Kahlo Museum.
- Visit the city of Tirana, Albania’s beautiful capital, for a unique trip away from July crowds. See the incredible architecture and stunning sights of this city as you enjoy the gentle European sun in July.
- For a beautifully historic city trip in July, visit Florence and see why this is known as one of the world’s most beautiful and romantic cities. Wander the streets and discover hidden gems around every corner, before sitting down to a delicious Italian meal.
Best wildlife destinations in July
Whether you’re an animal lover, a nature enthusiast or a family with children; a wildlife tour will be unforgettable no matter where you choose to go. Here are our top 3 for wildlife destinations in July.
- With the Amazon river snaking through this destination, you’ll see so many animals on a visit to Colombia. Take a river cruise or a rafting trip and see the animals in their natural habitats along the banks.
- Take a trip to Costa Rica and get up close and personal with the animals who live here. Trek through the jungle in any number of national parks to try and see as many native animals as possible. Visit the cloud forest and take a canopy tour through walkways built high up in the treetops, where you’ll be able to see the country from an entirely new perspective.
- While the USA is well-known for its stunning landscapes, dramatic waterfalls, colourful skies and vast forests, you’ll be equally blown away by the animals that live here. Go bird-watching or see the world famous bears in Yellowstone National Park.
Best festivals in July
A festival is the perfect excuse to get away this July and the world is your oyster. Here are our top choices for festivals around the world in July.
- Naadam festival in Mongolia, otherwise known as ‘The Three Games of Men’ is a traditional festival in which locals compete in Mongolian wrestling, horse racing and archery. Visit Mongolia during July to see this incredible homage to these traditional Mongolian sports.
- The Camel cup in Australia is an annual camel racing event, held in Alice Springs. It is known as a day of celebration and joy in this area, so why not stop by during your travels and see a unique and entertaining festival?
- Perhaps the most famous American day of celebration; Independence day, celebrated on the 4th of July throughout the USA is an incredible time to visit. The entire nation celebrates on an enormous scale, meaning there will be so much for you to see and do, no matter which part of the USA you choose to visit.
Family holidays in July
The summer holidays provide the perfect time to get away as a family and you’ll be able to spend some incredible time together on a trip to one of our top choices for family getaways in July. It may be the most popular time to get away, but why not go off the beaten track to any of these destinations this July.
- Visit Panama for a trip to a naturally beautiful country that is sure to entertain the whole family. Kids will love seeing the huge range of native animals that live here on visits to national parks or wildlife centres.
- Perhaps the most famous Safari destination, Kenya is the perfect choice for a family tour in May. Go on safari together and see all of Africa’s most famous animals, including The Big Five. Kids will never forget seeing their favourite exotic animals in person. Stay in an eco-lodge or a traditional camp and have a trip that the whole family will always remember.
- Japan has so many choices of exciting, cities, towns and attractions, meaning that you will have no trouble filling your custom trip with visits that will keep the whole family happy. Make incredible memories as a family in Tokyo or Kyoto as you visit temples, parks, restaurants and fun interactive museums.
Honeymoon ideas in July
A July honeymoon is the perfect time to enjoy an incredibly romantic destination and escape to distant shores to enjoy some time together in a new place and relax on your first trip as a married couple, at the most beautiful time of the year.
- Belize’s white beaches, beautiful hotels, delicious restaurants and relaxing atmosphere makes it an incredible destination for a honeymoon in July. Explore jungles, caves, go horse riding and make some incredible memories as a couple.
- For a classic honeymoon, visit Sri Lanka, whose breathtaking beaches and coves will be the perfect place to enjoy one another’s company before relaxing in a spa or luxury hotel. Explore Sri Lankan towns and cities while you’re here and see the bustle that this destination is so well known for. Try incredible authentic Sri Lankan food or even luxury cuisine.
- A honeymoon to Indonesia is the perfect choice for those looking for a more adventurous, active trip. Go snorkelling, diving, climbing, walking, surfing or so much more. Spend your days making unbeatable memories before relaxing during the evenings at a romantic meal or beautiful accommodation on the beach.