Travelling in March
Beach holidays in March
Winter is on the way out and the weather is starting to get warmer. March is the perfect time for a trip away to the beach, to get you excited for summer. Why not jet off to one of our top three beach destinations for March.
- Travel to Vietnam and escape the cold whilst enjoying the incredible backdrop of this asian gem. Taste delicious food, explore nature and meet the welcoming, friendly people who live here. Relax on one of the country’s amazing beaches and look out over turquoise waters.
- Discover the beautiful beaches of South Africa and see why this has become a surfer’s paradise due to the long stretches of beach and the perfect conditions. Relax on the sand and soak up the cool atmosphere of the more popular beaches or find a more secluded spot and enjoy a deserted beach.
- Take a trip to Mexico and discover amazing spots, such as Cancun, that continue to attract beach-goers from all over the world. Whether you’re after a luxury escape or a more authentic trip, you’ll be able to enjoy the white sands, blue waters and warm sun.
City trips in March
A city trip can be a great way to experience the culture of your chosen destination in March. Explore the culture, food, art, architecture and meet the diverse range of people who live in some of the most fascinating and beautiful cities around the world.
- Visit the cool and laid-back San Francisco, home of technology start-ups and new and innovative businesses. This hub means that the city is filled with sleek cafes, bars and restaurants.
- Reykjavik’s art scene is just one great reason to visit this unique city. Visit the galleries and exhibitions that are dotted around this capital before relaxing and enjoying some delicious Icelandic food.
- For a European atmosphere, including food, culture, art and people, why not take a trip to Barcelona in March? The weather is relatively warm during March, and you can take a picnic on Barcelona’s very own beach and make the most of this.
Winter holidays in March
To make the most of the beautiful scenery that the winter months can bring, why not go to on of Northern Europe’s winter destinations and explore in the snow. Go dog-sledding, stay in an igloo or go skiing and have the winter trip of a lifetime.
- Visit Icelandand stay in an ice hotel or watch The Northern Lights as they light up the sky. Visit Reykjavik and enjoy the cultural sites, visiting galleries, museums and restaurants as you explore this cool city in March.
- Russia’s picturesque winters are an incredible choice for anyone wanting an incredible winter trip in January. Visit Moscow or St Petersburg and see the famous royal palaces and cathedral and enjoy the wintery March weather.
- Relax after a day of snowshoeing or dog-sledding in a traditional hot tub in Greenland and tick a sighting of the breathtaking Northern Lights off your bucket list. Enjoy the beautiful countryside of Greenland as you explore the ice cap or take a snowmobile tour.
Best wildlife destinations in March
Whether you’re an animal lover, a nature enthusiast or a family with children; a wildlife tour will be unforgettable no matter where you choose to go. Here are our top 3 for wildlife destinations in March.
- To see some of Africa’s most famous animals, including The Big Five, visit Namibia for a safari with a twist. This stunning destination includes beautiful scenery, impressive animals and a fascinating view of ancient culture. Why not stay in an eco-lodge and make the most of the off-peak season, giving you access to cheaper prices and more availability.
- Madagascar is the perfect choice for those looking to see wildlife all around them on their trip. See the famous Madagascan lemurs in their natural environment or the chameleons (if you can spot them!) and so much more.
- For travellers looking to go bird watching, Tibet is a unique and unforgettable destination. See the many species that live here, as well as the famous yaks.
Best festivals in March
A festival is the perfect excuse to get away this March and the world is your oyster. Here are our top choices for festivals around the world in March.
- Travel to Australiaand visit the Adelaide Fringe Festival to soak up a diverse range of theatre, music and culture in this quirky city known for its beauty.
- Visit Valencia in Spain for a traditional festival called Las Fallas. This is a celebration of Saint Joseph and involves building and then burning monuments which are made in the run up to the festival.
- Known as the festival of colours, Holi in India is a must-see for any festival lover. Originally a Hindu festival, it is celebrated widely for its sheer joy.
Family holidays in March
With Easter just around the corner, March is the perfect time to get away as a family and you’ll be able to spend some incredible time together on a trip to one of our top choices for family getaways for March.
- In Costa Rica you and your family will have so many activities to choose from. Meet the animals that live here or explore the rain forests on a canopy tour, walking along special walkways high up in the trees. Go zip-lining or river rafting before relaxing in a special tree-house accommodation.
- Take a family trip to Morocco to enjoy the almost year-round sun as you explore the streets; filled with ancient palaces, mosques and buildings. Take a day trip into the desert, where you can ride a camel over the sand dunes, or even spend a night in the desert under the stars.
Honeymoon ideas in March
After a winter wedding, a March honeymoon is a chance to enjoy an incredibly romantic destination and escape to sunnier shores to enjoy some time together in the sun and relax on your first trip as a married couple.
- South Africa has so much to offer honeymooners, no matter what kind of trip you’re after. Relax on a beach, in a spa or in a cool up-and-coming area of Cape Town or Johannesburg. Travel along the famous Garden Route and go wine-tasting at the country’s famous vineyards. Go on safari and see the many beautiful animals in the area.
- Visit the natural paradise of The Philippines and enjoy the beautiful areas around the jaw-dropping volcanoes and national parks. Discover the beaches, caves and islands that surround the coast and enjoy everything you could possibly ask for from a honeymoon trip.
- For a private and isolated honeymoon, visit Fijiand enjoy the picturesque scenery, sandy beaches and luxury accommodation options. Dive or snorkel through the waters and see the incredible underwater world that thrives here, before enjoying a romantic meal and relaxed evening on this beautiful island.