A learning holiday combines sightseeing with developing unique knowledge and skills in an inspiring setting. It is also a great opportunity to meet local people who share similar interests to you. The number of locally-made learning experiences abroad is endless! If there is a skill that you've always wanted to try, do not hesitate to contact our local agents. Whether you are looking for an intense week-long experience or a taster class, the tour is tailor-made to you. Our learning holidays are for travellers of all kinds, whether you’re travelling as a family, a couple or going solo.
Why Should I go on a Learning Holiday?
Travelling with a purpose is an incredible way to see the world whilst developing yourself as a person. It is also one of the best ways to learn a skill since it is entirely immersive and you will be learning from true masters of whatever it is you choose to take on. Many of the locals who will pass their skills on to you, have in turn received their own training from their parents or grandparents in a chain that goes back centuries. This means that not only will you learn about the world and develop a new skill, you will also become a part of the tradition and culture of your chosen destination.
Where to go on a Learning Holiday?
Whether you want to learn to cook, dance, meditate, scuba dive or develop another skill entirely, the possibilities are endless and the world is your oyster. Various destinations around the world are world renowned for specialising in particular skills and having locals dedicated to sharing this knowledge to keep their art alive. Here are just a few examples:
- What better way to learn Kung-Fu than with a master at the Shaolin Temple, China? While you are there, discover China’s rich cultural heritage, taking in Beijing, Luoyang and Xi'an.
- Try snorkelling for the first time while exploring the most beautiful marine life in the world at The Great Barrier Reef, Australia.
- If you dream of becoming a wine connoisseur, why not learn about wine-tasting & production in Bordeaux, France? With the backdrop of French vineyards, countryside and quaint villages, we guarantee an authentic and unforgettable experience.
- Give laughing yoga a go at a yoga school in Vietnam and feel relaxed and healthy, a feeling enforced by the delicious wholesome local food. Wake up to the colourful backdrop of the Vietnamese landscape and a delicious bowl of Pho before heading out to practise your yoga.
- Improve your horse riding with a nomadic horse training community in Mongolia. Stay in an authentic Yurt or Ger before heading out for the day and learning the daily skills required to be a Mongolian horse trainer.
- Learn to cook traditional meals in India, using ancient methods and tools to create deliciously flavourful food. The best part is that you will never forget these skills and you’ll be able to take them home with you so that, even once you return, you can still have a taste of the real India.
What to bring on a Learning Holiday?
Equipment for the classes is usually provided and is there for you to use, unless you have your own equipment that you particularly want to take. Once your holiday is arranged, simply jet off, take the plunge and learn a new skill in an exotic environment!