Travelling in September
Beach holidays in September
September is the perfect time for one last trip away to the beach before winter. Why not set off on a trip to one of our top three beach destinations for September.
- Relax on the beaches of Cambodiaand enjoy the sound of the water lapping the pristine beaches. Feast on delicious food and drink as you enjoy everything you could ask for from a September beach holiday.
- Portugalin September is the perfect beach destination. With fewer tourists, you’ll be able to enjoy long stretches of beautiful beach before wandering the streets of the quirky, traditional towns along the coast, enjoying Mediterranean food all the while.
- The white sandy beaches of the Maldives are a classic destination for a beach getaway. Bathe in the warm waters or relax on the beach. Snorkel around the shallows of any of the many islands and feel as though you have the place entirely to yourself.
City trips in September
A city trip in September can be a great way to experience the culture of any country. Explore the culture, food, art, architecture and meet the diverse range of people who live in some of the most fascinating and beautiful cities around the world.
- For a trip back in time, visit Havana and experience the atmosphere of this fascinating city. See the architecture and culture that is so unique to this city as you discover hidden spots and amazing places around every corner.
- Visit Warsaw for a taste of the beauty of Poland. See traditional buildings and palaces dotted around the city or enjoy the cities up-and-coming areas as you spend time in rooftop bars or sleek restaurants before hitting the town.
- New Zealand’s Wellington offers so much to its visitors; stunning green scenery, fascinating museums, cool bars and so much more.
Best wildlife destinations in September
Whether you’re an animal lover, a nature enthusiast or a family with children; a wildlife tour will be unforgettable no matter where you choose to go. Here are our top 3 for wildlife destinations in September.
- Perhaps the most famous Safari destination, Kenya is the perfect choice for a wildlife tour in September. Go on safari and see all of Africa’s most famous animals, including The Big Five, before relaxing in an eco-lodge or a traditional camp.
- Visit the Jungles of Burma and see the animals that live in the trees here, including tigers, leopards, crocodiles, cobras, elephants and rhinoceros on a safari tour in September.
- Visit Mongolia for an up close and personal encounter with the wild-horses and horse trainers who live here and still use traditional techniques that have been practiced for hundreds of years. Learn about how the nomadic horse trainers live and learn a few tricks of your own as you get to know the horses.
Best festivals in September
A festival is the perfect excuse to get away this September and the world is your oyster. Here are our top choices for festivals around the world in September.
- The International oyster festival in Ireland takes place each year during the last weekend of September and is unmissable for any food lover. Enjoy a weekend long celebration of food, the sea and Ireland and have the time of your life in September.
- ‘Life is Beautiful’ music and art festival inLas Vegas describes itself as “a world in which music and art transform” and is an incredible time to visit the USA and stop by this fun-loving festival.
- The Hermanus Whale festival in South Africa is a celebration of all marine life, which is so important along the southern coast. Enjoy parades, interactive exhibitions and so much more.
Family holidays in September
September is the perfect time to get away as a family and you’ll be able to spend some incredible time together on a trip to one of our top choices for family getaways in September before your kids head back to school.
- The USAhas so much to offer a family looking for the trip of a lifetime. Visit natural wonders of The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone and so much more, or visit cities such as Washington D.C. and Chicago to experience the charm of these locations.
- Visit the alien landscapes of Jordan to enjoy walking, quad-biking and exploring in the famous filming location of Star Wars. Camp in the desert or explore the ancient city of Petra carved into the desert rocks.
- In Costa Ricayou and your family will have so many activities to choose from. Meet the animals that live here or explore the rainforests on a canopy tour, walking along special walkways high up in the trees. Go zip-lining or river rafting before relaxing in a special tree-house accommodation.
Honeymoon ideas in September
An September honeymoon is the perfect time to enjoy an incredibly romantic destination and escape to distant shores to enjoy some time together in a new place and relax on your first trip as a married couple.
- Visit the natural paradise of The Philippinesand enjoy the beautiful areas around the jaw-dropping volcanoes and national parks. Discover the beaches, caves and islands that surround the coast and enjoy everything you could possibly ask for from a honeymoon trip.
- For a classic honeymoon, visit Sri Lanka, whose breathtaking beaches and coves will be the perfect place to enjoy one another’s company before relaxing in a spa or luxury hotel. Explore Sri Lankan towns and cities while you’re here and see the bustle that this destination is so well known for. Try incredible authentic Sri Lankan food or even luxury cuisine.
- Visit Icelandand enjoy this stunning country during the summer. Surrounded by greenery, nature and stunning natural fjords. Enjoy delicious food such as fresh fish in one of Reykjavik’s cool, up-and-coming restaurants. Iceland in September is perfect for honeymooners looking to enjoy time away together in a fairy tale world.