Travelling in October
Beach holidays in October
October is the perfect time for one last trip away to the beach before winter. Why not set off on a trip to one of our top three beach destinations for October.
- Morocco has so many options for incredible beaches and you will be spoilt for choice during October, since the beaches will be less crowded and the sun will be the perfect temperature. Visit Agadir, Essaouira, Tangier or Legzira and go paragliding, surfing, snorkelling or simply relax in the sun.
- The month of October is springtime in Australia and is a perfect time to go to enjoy time of the beach away from huge crowds and scorching weather. Try your hand at surfing and soak up the relaxed atmosphere before heading inland for a night on the town.
- Visit the island of Bali, which has everything you could possibly want from a beach trip. Relax on the sand, explore volcanoes and rainforests, swim through vibrant reefs or caves or try delicious food as you enjoy the total escape from everyday stress.
City trips in October
A city trip in October can be a great way to experience the culture of any country. Explore the culture, food, art, architecture and meet the diverse range of people who live in some of the most fascinating and beautiful cities around the world.
- As the capital of Russia, Moscow has so many delights just waiting for visitors to this beautiful city to discover. See the Kremlin or Saint Basil’s Cathedral before taking in a traditional ballet.
- Travel to New York for an incredible experience of one of the most diverse and lively cities in the world and see why people from all over the world dream of a trip to The Big Apple. Visit the Met Museum, go to a baseball game or explore the cool, downtown regions of the city, discovering restaurants and bars along the way.
- Reykjavik’s art scene is just one great reason to visit this unique city. Visit the galleries and exhibitions that are dotted around this capital before relaxing and enjoying some delicious Icelandic food.
Best wildlife destinations in October
Whether you’re an animal lover, a nature enthusiast or a family with children; a wildlife tour will be unforgettable no matter where you choose to go. Here are our top 3 for wildlife destinations in October.
- The island of Madagascar is the perfect destination for animals lovers and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed. See the famous Madagascan lemurs as the rush through the trees above you, or get up close as you visit a wildlife centre.
- October is one of the best times to visit Iceland since it will allow you to see over twenty species of whale that live just off the coast. Take a boat ride and see these majestic mammals in their natural habitat as the glide past you.
- The Galapagosis possibly the world’s best destination for those looking to get a true taste of nature in a stunning location. Take a tour on a glass-bottomed boat or explore the island and see why this place is so famous for its biodiversity.
Best festivals in October
A festival is the perfect excuse to get away this October and the world is your oyster. Here are our top choices for festivals around the world in October.
- The Melbourne Festival in Australia is an international arts festival which celebrates all manner of artistic expression each year. From dance to circus performance, this festival has it all.
- Dia de los Muertos or ‘Day of the Dead is celebrated throughout Mexico and is a day which honours the dead with shrines, celebrations and gatherings which appear all over Mexico and the USA. The streets are filled with colours and vibrant celebration and make October an amazing time to visit Mexico.
- The Cork Jazz Festival in Ireland is celebrated annually in Cork and is a showcase of all things Jazz, music and Ireland. Join the celebration with a pint of Guinness (the festival’s main sponsor) and have the time of your life.
Family holidays in October
October half term is the perfect time to get away as a family and you’ll be able to spend some incredible time together on a trip to one of our top choices for family getaways in October.
- A visit to Vietnam is sure to be unforgettable for the whole family. No matter what age, children will love discovering the local animals, national parks, taking traditional boat rides and meeting local people. Take a cooking class as a family and learn to cook traditional Vietnamese food which you’ll be able to recreate together at home, even once your Vietnamese adventure is over.
- A family trip to the Island of Creteis one you’ll all be talking about for years to come. Ride horses along the beach or visit ancient sites where you’ll feel as though you’ve been transported back in time. See temples which have stood for thousands of years before exploring the winding cobbled streets and enjoying traditional Greek food as you enjoy the evening.
- Bhutan is the perfect destination for active and adventurous families in October. Climb mountains and visit the temples that lie at the very top, or ride bicycles through the Himalayas before visiting a local village and watching a traditional festival unfold before you.
Honeymoon ideas in October
An October honeymoon is the perfect time to enjoy an incredibly romantic destination and escape to distant shores to enjoy some time together in a new place and relax on your first trip as a married couple.
- The incredible nature of Tanzania is the perfect spot for an adventurous honeymoon in October. Go on safari and see the amazing animals here, or stay in an eco-lodge on the white sandy beaches of Zanzibar and transport yourselves to another world.
- Visit the natural paradise of The Philippinesand enjoy the beautiful areas around the jaw-dropping volcanoes and national parks. Discover the beaches, caves and islands that surround the coast and enjoy everything you could want from an unforgettable honeymoon trip.
- A honeymoon to India has something to offer every couple, whether you’re after rich and diverse culture, thrilling adventure or the traditional comfort of a beach honeymoon, simply speak to one of our agents and they will hand-craft you your ideal escape in this beautiful country.