7 reasons to travel to Ecuador
During a trip to Ecuador, you will discover all of Latin America rolled up into a single country. Jungle, Andean mountains, sea, endemic fauna, amazing landscapes: Ecuador is a little-known wonder.
Bring home souvenirs from the most beautiful markets.
Go whale watching
Meet with the Amazon tribes
Concentrate the wonders of a whole continent into a single trip.
Discover the wildlife of the Galapagos
Go to latitude 0°
Discover Quito and its colonial beauties
Is this the destination for you?
If you're after an authentic, typically South American holiday, then a trip to Ecuador
should be top of your list. If that's not the case and comfort calls, then give it a miss. Even more so if you don't want to learn or speak Spanish.
You should go if
- You want to walk along the Equator in Ecuador
- You want to wander around some of the best markets on the continent
- You want to discover Amazonian communities
- You want your holiday to be varied
- You love mountains and sea alike
- The Galapagos Islands have always fascinated you
- You want to enjoy the company of an incredibly welcoming people and practise your Spanish along the way!
You shouldn't go if
- It's comfort you're after
- You don't speak or want to learn Spanish
- High altitudes make your head spin
- Cultural shocks and authentic living are not your cup of tea
- You've only got 3 weeks to spare