Venture into Norway's fjordland from Ålesund to Bergen and delight the senses – with dramatic fjords and glistening waterfalls from both land and boat; high mountain passes over Geirangerfjord; glaciers, blue lagoons and the rugged Atlantic coast; as well as quality local produce and friendly locals – this 9 day tour will leave you invigorated and delighted – physically, emotionally and spiritually!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your adventure begins...
• Arrival at Ålesund airport, time to pick up your
• Head towards town - picturesque fishing village
with art nouveau centre
• Take an evening stroll along the harbor in the
The unique Norwegian scenery...
• A two hour drive, then two ferries takes you
• From here travel to the tiny village of Urke
• Enjoy your stay at an historic hotel between craggy peaks.
• Opt for a guided kayak tour or hike in this hidden fjord.
A day of gigantic wonder...
• Descend the valleys and cross UNESCO protected Geirangerfjord
• Hike up mountainside farms, paddle out into the fjord or opt for a boat trip
• Continue over the mountains to the Dallsnibba viewpoint (4,200ft)
• Discover Stryn, known for its many glaciers, fruit orchards and its local food tradition
• Explore the area on foot or by bicycle
• Taste the local delicacies, produce at some of the mountainside farms
• Visit a mountain farm museum and join the host on a private guided walk to their pasture.
• The adventurous can opt for climbing the Via Ferrata (Iron Road)
The beach beckons...
• Make your way from the high peaks and glaciers of the fjords out to the Atlantic coast
• Along the “Panorama Road” enjoy stunning views and small farming villages
• Notice the landscape change to sparse cliff sides and sandy white beaches
• Stay at a charming hotel in a fishermen village
Brave the water...
• Relax at the beach, or venture in for a swim in crystal clear waters
• hike up the sea cliffs for stunning views over the Atlantic
• Stroll in the village to see fishermen, and enjoy the harbor spa
• Go on a private guided walk in the fishermen village and learn about the history of the Herring fishery
• Opt for a private guided hike or kayak tour
• Deliver your rental car and enjoy a 4hr catamaran ride along the fjord coast back to Bergen
• Enjoy a ride with the funicular up the mountain for a great view over the city, fjords and mountains and hike down
• Stay in a centrally located hotel close to the harbor
•Enjoy the city center with its UNESCO listed Bryggen quarter
•Discover Bergen’s famous fish market and local food
•Visit the interesting museums the city has to offer
We wish you farewell...
• After your morning in town you leave for Bergen airport for your flight.
• Be sure to stock up on souvenirs for friends and family
• Thank you for visiting Norway, we hope to see you again - Ha det!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Prices Starting From
|From June to October||£1,820|