5 reasons to travel to New Zealand
Located at the other side of the world from Western Europe, New Zealand is an idyllic vacation destination for all nature lovers. In fact, a stay in New Zealand is an opportunity to discover a mysterious country with a reputation for wide open spaces and peacefulness.
The Maori culture is still a mystery to you.
In the footsteps of Frodo, on a quest for the RIng
An almost permanent sense of bliss
Local flora and fauna that is as rare as it is diverse
Is this the destination for you?
Even though it is the same size as France, New Zealand only has a population of 4.5 million. That's great news for lovers of wide open spaces, who will be bowled over by the spectacular views
, most of which you can see for free. This is what you need to know before leaving on a trip to New Zealand
You should go if
- You like a challenge and love adventure and extreme sports
- You want to find out more about the culture, traditions, food and tattoos of the Maoris
- You dream of visiting the locations where Lord of the Rings was filmed
- You want to experience the raw power of the planet (in New Zealand, the earth spews mud and shakes, smokes, and rumbles).
- You enjoy traveling by van or motorhome or just sleeping in your car - if so, it's the perfect country!
- You want to ski on Australasia's highest mountains, the Southern Alps
- You love nature, pure, clean air, and spectacular landscapes (20% of the country is made up of national parks)
- You dream of watching the All Blacks play at Eden Park in Auckland
- You're looking for a place to get away from it all, somewhere peaceful where you won't be surrounded by tourists
You shouldn't go if
- If you're looking for a beach paradise where great weather is guaranteed...
- The mere mention of an earthquake sends you diving for cover
- You're on a tight budget
- You want the local cuisine to surprise you
- You have less than two weeks to spend traveling (the major locations are all a long way from each other!)
- You like to sleep late and party all night (dinner at 6 p.m. is a thing!)