Craving real Spain, far crowds and all the fluff? Treat yourself to a true exploration of the many natural, cultural and edible treasures hidden from the reach of mass tourism. Witness the rebirth of neighborhoods of Madrid through its artists and taste traditional stew at a local chef’s home. Hike in stunning, rarely visited national parks, cycle down historic lanes, and picnic among chestnut trees. Explore the mountains of Cangas de Narcea in search for the Spanish Brown Bear. Along the way, stay in beautiful eco-homes, tree houses and sustainable hotels.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival at Madrid airport...
• Your local host will welcome you and take you to the hotel. Then it begins!
• At lunch, visit a local chef's home and learn to make a traditional Madrid stew, Cocido Madrileño
• At dusk, take in the city from a different perspective, the rooftops! This unique sunset activity will introduce you to the high terraces of famous restaurants, bars
• After breakfast, head to Cabañeros National Park by public transport
• Spend a wonderful day relaxing in nature and discover the area rich in biodiversity with a local ecotourism guide
• After breakfast, return to Madrid
• Free time to enjoy the city until late afternoon
• Then, visit a particular neighborhood of the city to learn about the way of life of contemporary artists in Madrid
• Next up, indulge in Madrid's gastronomy: tapas!
• Join a guided tour through local taverns in the neighborhood of Las Letras
• Depart by high-speed train to Seville and explore the city with a local guide by bicycle
• Enjoy a free afternoon to stroll around the beautiful historical center
• Observe a superb flamenco show in the popular Triana neighborhood
• Taste local tapas, a quintessential Seville indulgence
• Drive to the Sierra de Aracena region, hop on an electric bike and check out the Jabugo ham dryer factory (guided experience)
• Take a short walk among chestnut trees and discover the immense mycological richness of this natural area
• Relaxing in a Hammam in one of the beautiful villages of the moors
• At dusk, watch the sunset from Almonaster la Real, the oldest mountain village in rural Spain
• Visit Extremadura for a guided tour of the beautiful Merida
• Continue to the El Baldío Estate in Talaván where you will stay in an eco-lodge
• Enjoy a great picnic lunch followed by environmental volunteering activities
Activities vary based on seasonality: livestock feeding, reforestation, pruning, fencing arrangement
• Depart for Monfragüe National Park
• Hike up to Monfragüe Castle to enjoy stunning views (3.5 km)• Stop at the Salto del Gitano for bird watching
• Enjoy a picnic meal in the town of Villarreal de San Carlos
• Continue hiking through the Arroyo de Malvecino-Cerro Gimio (8 km)
• Depart to Guadalupe and enjoy a day in the UNESCO World Heritage town
• Join a local guide to explore the Villuercas-Ibores-Jara Geopark
• Visit the spectacular Guadalupe monastery
• Proceed to the beautiful Ambroz Valley
• Stop in the village of Hervás, a Medieval town that retains one of the best Jewish quarters in Spain
• Later, visit the lesser known region of Las Hurdes, one of the least populated areas of Spain
• Marvel at the surprising architecture and witness the essence of rural life
• After breakfast, go to Galicia, a Northern Spanish region rich in culture and beautiful landscapes
• Arrive in Rias Baixas and spend the afternoon touring local villages
• Head to the local women's cooperative in Ribera Sacra
• Learn the techniques behind collecting thebest seafood in the world
• Visit the world renowned fish market
• Dive into the Albariño wine cellar, where you will enjoy a superb tasting of their best wines
• Depart to Cabo Vilán, on the rugged Galician coast
• Enjoy beautiful seascapes and meet the last farera (woman lighthouse guard) at the Vilán lighthouse
• Visit a museum that explains the way of life of the fareros through history
• Learn to cook the popular Octopus to Feira in Santiago de Compostela
• After eating, take a walk through the streets of the city
• Visit Cangas de Narcea Natural Park
• Tour the mountains of the Spanish Brown Bear
• Go to Somiedo Natural Park, one of the most special and lesser-known nature-based destinations in Asturias
• Time will seem to slow visiting the many small towns and awe-inspiring landscapes!
• Return to Madrid by train from Oviedo
We hope you've enjoyed your time in Spain! Safe travels!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.