What’s Puglia? Hard to say, but we will try to give you an idea! Puglia is the land of all possibilities: from swimming in the crystal blue sea to biking in the fresh green forests, from taking a picture of the pink flamingos in salt marshes to exploring medieval churches to the famous Grotte di Castellana with its stalactites and stalagmites. The region is the ideal destination for families with its variety of activities and landscapes. You will love the possibility to spend the morning discovering the Trulli in Alberobello while planning a swim in the sea in the afternoon.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Lecce!
• Pick up your rental car upon arrival at the airport.
• Head to your hotel for check-in, and take some time to unpack.
• Enjoy the evening by exploring Puglia, and experience the "Pugliese" gastronomy!
• Join the bike tour to the medieval village Acaya: see the castle and other ancient sights.
• Continue 15 km by bike to the WWF Le Cesine Nature Reserve, home to numerous species of plants and waterfowls.
• Make a break at the beach and enjoy a refreshing swim.
• On the way back to Strudà, visit a centuries-old olive grove: and why not have a taste of the produce at the local shop?
And olive trees from the Roman Empire!
• Bike towards Monopoli in the morning, and stop in Ostuni on the way.
• See the white houses, narrow alleys and ancient buildings of Ostuni with our guide!
• Experience a millennial olive grove with trees from the Roman time after the tour.
• Visit the real Masseria Fortificata, with the hypogeum olive mill!
• End the trip with a tasting of olive oil and local products.
Make, and Eat, some Local Gastronomy!
• Take a transfer to Alberobello for a private tour of the City of Trulli, part of the UNESCO heritage.
• Discover the iconic houses, the 18th century cathedral and much more with our guide!
• And why not take a private cooking class under the guide of our local chef and coach?
• Relax, and enjoy a superb lunch with local produce!
... And European Culture Capital 2019!
• This ancient city has loads to offer: Did you know that "Passion Of The Christ' was filmed here?
• Join the guided tour and discover the UNESCO heritage, the traditional houses and cathedrals.
• Take the chance to learn how to cook the iconic local bread "Pane di Matera" from a professional panificatore!
Hit the road towards the Northern Region!
• On the way, you will drive through salt flats,swamps, and on the high cliffs of Gargano.
• Reach Vieste and its iconic Faraglioni!
• Make a small detour to Grotte di Castellana and explore the 3 km long (and 70 meter deep!) caves.
• Stop at Castel Del Monte (Unesco World Heritage Site), the iconic citadel and 13th Century castle built by the emperor Frederick II.
Fantastic nature, both above and under the surface
• Spend half the day on the private boat with a guide and an expert skipper!
• Admire the breath-taking view of the jagged coastline and its magic scenery.
• Stop in coves and dive into the beautiful sea of the Gargano
• Enjoy an aperitif on board: it doesn't get more relaxing than this!
And try your luck fishing!
• The last day is dedicated to the beach: why not try one of the water sports?
• Had enough sun? Have a private fishing experience from an authentic Trabucco!
• Spot fishes, operate the winches, and enjoy the fascinating history of this old tradition told by our guide.
• An aperitif will be served, of course alongside some tasty snacks!
• Departure for the airport to drop-off the car and take your flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay in Italy
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||£830|