A warm welcome, smiling locals, the sun and the sea, breath-taking landscapes, delicious cuisine and satisfying limoncello will seduce you from the very beginning of this unique experience. Kick off the adventure in Rome, before heading to the ancient ruins of Pompeii. Discover the stunning beautiful Amalfi Coast and Capri. Travel inland to off the beaten path Matera, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Finally, we’ll visit intriguing the Trulli village of Alberobello and Baroque city of Lecce. With an intimate group of just 10 people, an expert tour director who will become your local friend, and a region of unmatched beauty, this will go down as a trip of a lifetime!See more
Benvenuto in Italia!
• Your adventure starts in Rome, the heart of the ancient Roman Empire
• Meet your tour director and fellow travelers (a note with directions will be waiting at your hotel)
• Enjoy a special welcome dinner at a local restaurant
• Start the day with a “Like a Local” walk of Rome
• See the famous Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Colosseum
• Discover hidden wonders such as a 250-year-old café, artisan gelato shops and fascinating squares
• Hop on a high-speed train to Naples (1h). Change trains to arrive in Pompeii (30min), an ancient Roman town, destroyed 2000 years ago by a volcanic eruption
• The rest of the day will be spent at your leisure
• You might choose to enjoy a real Neapolitan style pizza for dinner, or visit a local trattoria where the father and the son still produce their own homemade limoncello (not included)
• In the morning, explore the ruins of ancient Pompeii with a local guide
• After enjoying some free time for lunch, set off on a scenic drive towards the Amalfi Coast (1h30)
• Spend the rest of the day at leisure
• Ask the tour director for suggestions – he knows the best spots! Ravello village, an emerald grotto, limoncello tasting – so much to explore!
• Cruise to the Island of Capri, along the section of the sea where Ulysses heard the mermaids call!
• Circle the island, explore secret caves and go for a swim
• After the island tour, we will dock at Marina Grande and explore Capri Island on foot
• Stroll down colorful lanes, visit the natural arch, or take a cab toAnacapri
• Our boat we will pick us up in the afternoon. Head back and enjoy a leisurely afternoon
Please note: cruise aboard a comfortable semi-private motor boat that accommodates 15 people. Depending on seasonality and on our group size, the boat may be private or shared with another small group. In case of bad weather, this activity will be traded with an indoor one of the equal value and fun
• Hike the famous “Sentiero degli Dei” (The Path of Gods) (3h30)
• No words are powerful enough to describe the beauty of this place! Pass through a forest, lemon trees and along the Amalfi Coast
• Reach the little village of Nocelle, then continue to Positano
• Spend the afternoon swimming in clear blue water and sipping freshly-squeezed lemon juice
Please note: hike on a narrow rocky path with some steep sections, mostly in direct sun (non-slip soles or hiking boots are required for this walk). Alternatively, explore the Amalfi Coast by bus or ferry. Your tour director will provide suggestions, explanations and timetables
(This activity is “weather permitting” which means that the trail may not always be accessible. Alternative activities will be planned should we be forced to skip the hike)
• Discover Matera - a gem few travelers in Italy have the chance to see and a UNESCO World Heritage site
• Our local guide Francesco will lead us on a private guided journey of discovery (3h)
• Today, journey to another Italian wonder - the Trulli of Alberobello, an ancient village with narrow alleyways and Trulli (white huts with conical roofs) (1h)
• Then, Set off in a private vehicle to Lecce, the main town of Salento (1h30)
• Upon arrival, go for a “Like a Local” walk
• In the evening, we suggest you enjoy the lively Lecce nightlife!
• Enjoy a free day for immersing yourself in the beauty of life in Lecce and Salento
• You might visit the Santa Croce Basilica, one of the most impressive Baroque churches of Lecce
• Or, get your hands dirty in an optional cooking class
• Some of our guests choose to hop on a local bus and head to the beaches of Salento
• Don't miss the chance to taste a pasticciotto, a delicious little pastry, or eat a puccia, some of the best street food in the world!
• Hop on a train along the Puglia coast and reach the city of Bari (1h30)
• After arrival and some downtime, head out for a “Like a Local” walk of Bari
• Stroll the white alleys, spot old nonna’s preparing orecchiette and discover the old link between Bari and Santa Claus
• Tonight, you'll enjoy a special farewell dinner at a local restaurant where you’ll taste an exquisite culinary tradition not found anywhere else in Italy!
• Your adventure comes to an end today. We trust you had the trip of a lifetime!
Important: There are no activities planned for today. If you need help in organizing your airport transfer or purchasing train tickets, just ask. Your tour director will be happy to help you in making these arrangements. If possible, plan for and purchase transportation to the airport a few days in advance – organizing same-day travel can be difficult
Please feel free to extend your trip by asking your local agent to add extra days either before or after the group tour.
Price per person, based on occupancy of one double room. Excluding international flights.
|Departure date of group tour||From|
|From 13/09/2020 to 22/09/2020||£1,770|
|From 11/10/2020 to 20/10/2020||£1,770|