This tour is perfect for families looking to visit Laos from all angles. You won't only be covering the must-see's, but you're also offered a unique chance to discover Laos culture and traditions, with very hands-on activities, hosted by local, passionate people. From cooking, elephant conservation center, and scenic views, there's something to satisfy everyone on this fantastic trip to Southeast Asia!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your holiday begins...
• Meet your Lao English-speaking guide and
transfer to your hotel for check-in
• Head to the Buddha Park, containing a mixture of
Hindu and Buddhist style sculptures
• In the afternoon visit the COPE centre, established
in 2008 as a free permanent exhibition
• Breakfast at the hotel before a morning in Vat
Sisaket, home to hundreds of Buddha statues
• Visit Ho Phra Keo, a religious museum with Lao
and Khmer works of art
• View the Patuxai Monument, and enjoy a
panoramic view over the city from the rooftop
On towards the country...
• Tuk-Tuk to an organic rice, fish and vegetable farm on the outskirts of Vientiane
• Learn how to plant rice and fish, then cook up a
Lao lunch with the day's produce
• Take a course learning how to make different
dishes - then eat them for dinner
• Drive along Mekong River in one of the nicest
parts of the island
• Enjoy the view on the way and stop at Vat Kok Ma Temple from a hilltop
• Pass by Pak Lai and explore local markets
then continue to Sayabury
The elephant in the room...
• Meet the team of vets, biologists and of course
the beautiful Asian elephants
• Reach the nursery in the forest, where the baby
elephants learn how to sustain themselves
Every scene imaginable in one day...
• Drive to Luang Prabang, passing stunning
scenery, rice paddies and dense forest jungles
• Visit Phou Sy hill to view the town, the Mekong
and Nam Khan rivers and mountain ranges
• Stop at the Hmong minority people Night Market to admire handicrafts
Learn the folklore...
• Take a sightseeing tour of Luang Prabang by
• Lunch at Khaiphaen restaurant, a vocational
training restaurant for disadvantaged street kids
• Enjoy a massage to end the afternoon at
Local traditional rites...
• Take a Tuk-Tuk to the peninsula, to an alms giving ceremony of the monks
• This ancient ritual of collecting food from
worshippers is locally known as “Tak Bat
• In the afternoon, have an Ock Pop Tok dyeing
Local traditional rites...
• During a fruit-carving session, create works of art with everyday fruits and vegetables
• Drive to Kuang Si waterfalls for the chance to
swim in the turquoise water ponds
• Stop by a boulodrome, a ball game which is now one of the preferred hobbies of Laotians
• Ms Chailee, a skilled seamstress, teaches others
about the importance of recycling
• Recycle products of development by creating
useful and fashionable bags
• Lunch at Luang Prabang Kitchen and transfer to
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|02 Adults and 01 Child (under 11 years old)|
|Price per Family||£4,500|