This was a trip of a lifetime and we will definitely be back to Montenegro, and will use Evaneos again. We were totally charmed by the hospitality, the food, the landscape, the culture... We made some amazing memories which we will cherish forever.
There were many wonderful things about our holiday, it's hard to choose!
1) The ease of the holiday once we arrived. Everything was taken care of and we didn't have to worry about anything. All our transfers were timely and our tour guides kept to the schedule.
2) We LOVED visiting the farm where we received a delicious lunch of homemade products. This was a real highlight. The food generally was of a very high quality.
3) We were particularly satisfied with our accommodation in the second location. The surroundings were stunning, our hosts were lovely, and the food they provided was great.
4) We really enjoyed the lake tour. This was a real high point of the holiday.
5) Everyone we met were extremely friendly - our hosts and our tour guides. We loved chatting to them and learning about local culture and history.
1) Our accommodation in Budva was not quite satisfactory. Although the apartment itself was fine - nothing special but good enough - we were really disturbed by very loud music from local bars until 1a.m./1.30 a.m. We managed this by staying out late and going to sleep late, but this was not our preference and it wouldn't be suitable for older guests. We did not particularly like Budva. Although the old town and beaches were beautiful, we did not anticipate that it would be such a party town, which was not what we had in mind.
2) During our transfers on days 3 and 4, the car we were driven in did not have seat belts. We were very disturbed by this as it felt very unsafe - especially during the drive up the mountain. We understand that seat belts are not always customary in Montenegro, but they are a legal requirement in the UK and to us, it is a basic requirement for basic safety. We really hope that future tourists will not have this experience, as it was potentially very dangerous.