Like its name suggests, this tour has been designed for those eager to explore Vietnam's nature, culture, and intangible culinary heritage in the most authentic and enjoyable way possible. Foodies, you'll fall in love with Vietnamese cuisine, comprising of delicious food which spans all the way from north to south. Over the course of two weeks, you'll travel to Hanoi and cruise across Halong Bay (a UNESCO-listed site) before heading south to discover the fortified imperial city of Hue. Finally, you'll visit the southern part of the country to Ho Chi Minh City, a place rich in war history, making this a trip with something for everyone!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
From famous dishes to local cafés
• Start the food tour in the morning: time for some local, excellent specialties!
• Stop by a shrimp restaurant to try West Lake’s most famous dish.
• Enjoy the afternoon exploring the city on a bike tour through the Old Quarter!
• Finish the day with a traditional puppet show, and some more excellent gastronomy.
Bike ride: 1 h, Overnight in Hanoi
• Transfer to Bat Trang, famous for its ceramics.
• Stroll the streets with your guide, and see the skilled artisans at work!
• Continue to But Thap Pagoda, the cradle of Vietnamese Buddhism.
• Via Dong Ho you will arrive in a small, rural village.
• Before returning to Hanoi, enjoy the traditional Quan Ho music performance!
Overnight in Hanoi
A road trip through picturesque countryside
• Start the day heading to to Hoa Lu, and join your guide through the ancient complex.
• Explore the palaces, pagodas, tombs and pavilions built by different dynasties.
• Visit the Waterways in Trang, and ecological site!
• Venture through the network of 11 caves, surrounded by beautiful scenery!
Road trip: 2 hours, Sampan ride: 3 hours
Fresh seafood, sunsets and stars
• Leave for Halong Bay with a refreshment break en route.
• Board the traditional wooden junk boat and the crew!
• Enjoy a delicious lunch on board.
• Visit ancient limestone caves, and perhaps go kayaking or swimming?
• Enjoy a dinner of fresh seafood and a drink under the stars in the evening!
Overnight on a wooden junk in Halong Bay
• Take a cool, morning swim before breakfast.
• Visit one of the famous caves in the middle of the bay!
• Cruise back to the harbor and rive to Noi Bai airport, to catch the flight to Hue!
• Upon arrival, you will transfer and check-in at your new hotel downtown.
Drive duration: 4 h, overnight in Hue
From imperial empire to garden house
• Spend the day on a city tour of the Imperial City of Hue!
• See the ancient walled Citadel and the Dong Ba market: maybe try some local produce?
• Cruise on a dragon boat the afternoon on the Perfume River to Thien Mu Pagoda!
• Visit the majestic Royal Tomb of King Ming Mang or King Khai Dinh.
• Enjoy a candlelit dinner in a garden house, which features traditional Hue culture.
Overnight in Hue
• Drive to the picturesque riverside town of Hoi An, and continue to Danang.
• Visit either the Cham Museum or the famous Marble Mountain!
• Join a guided tour of the old town in the afternoon: its filled with culture and architecture!
• Spend the free time roaming the city, maybe shop a souvenir?
Overnight in Hoi An
And experience the art of Vietnamese dance...
• Transfer to the ancient Cham ruins of My Son and join the guided tour.
• Marvel at the incredible scenery and quaint villages on the way.
• Join the guided tour to see ancient temple and tower ruins set amongst hills and streams!
• Experience a traditional dance show before returning to Hoi An for some free time!
Traditional dancing show at 9:45 a.m., 45 min-(except Mondays), Road Trip: 1 h, Overnight in Hoi An
• Start at 8.15 am with a welcome drink at Hai Café in the Ancient Town.
• Visit Hoi An’s market with its colors and flavors.
• Continue with a leisure cruise, and arrive for a cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking School!
• Explore the herb garden, and prepare local dishes with the excellent chef!
• Remember your swimsuit: there is a gorgeous pool available after class.
Boat ride: 25 min, Cooking class: 2 h, Overnight in Hoi An
... to just enjoy!
• This day is entirely for you: do what you feel like!
• There are optional activities available.
• Perhaps join another cooking class or the street food adventure?
Overnight in Hoi An
• Transfer to Danang Airport and catch the flight to Ho Chi Minh city.
• Upon arrival, join the local guide to the Cu Chi Tunnels!
• Explore the amazing underground network before heading into Ho Chi Minh City.
• Check-in at your new hotel, and start exploring your new location!
Driving, airport to Cu Chi Tunnels: 1,5 h, Overnight in Ho Chi Minh city
Experience the nightlife of Saigon the way locals do!
• A morning tour will show you around this modern city!
• Visit China Town to discover the daily, local life.
• At 6pm, embark on an evening excursion with local street food!
• Sample of Saigon best authentic local street food, and ride pillion behind our drivers!
• Stop at a Vietnamese-style coffee shop and enjoy the live music.
Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City: Guest will be brought back to the hotel after evening tour.
• Enjoy a slow breakfast and some free time.
• Transfer to Tan Son Nhat airport in time for your flight.
• We wish you a safe flight, and welcome you back to Vietnam anytime you want
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|For 2||For 4||Single supplement|
|3-star hotels high season||£1,070||£890||£190|
|3-star hotels low season||£1,020||£850||£180|