This 15-day tour will impress your senses – explore magical Khiva before heading on to Bukhara, Samarkand and Tamerlane. Cross deserts of red sands, and be astounded by historical monuments, mausoleums and architectural ruins. Meet local Uzbek families, and partake of their cultures. Travel on to Kyrgyzstan with its gorges, lakes, and mountains. This breathtaking tour will satisfy all 5 senses.
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
A taste of history...
• Liaise with your tour guide and chauffeur before
transferring and check into to your hotel
• Visit Uzbekistan's capital city Tashkent, starting off with the Hasan Imam complex
• Explore the Shashi Mausoleum - the tomb of
Red sands forever...
• Early morning drive towards Bukhara through the red sands of Kyzyl-Kum Desert
• Cross the Arride Steppe with its Astrakhan sheep herds
• Picnic on the way at the chayhana before
continuation to Bukhara in the afternoon
Discover days past...
• Today in Bukhara, visit the Po-i-Kalyan which
includes the madrasa Mir-i-Arab
• Explore the mosque and the Kalon Minaret of the eleventh century
• Finally, go on excursions to the Tok-i-Zargaron
domes and the Magok-i-Attari Mosque
Former Jewish area...
• Enjoy a day trip to Liabi-Hauz, the Madrasa
Kukeldash, and more
• Take a stroll in a formerly Jewish quarter and visit the synagogue
• Explore the Bolo-Hauz Mosque and the Ark
Citadel, previously home to Bukhara Emirs
A day to remember...
• Drive to Mitan, winner of the World Responsible
Tourism Travel Award
• You will be invited as a guest by an Uzbek family
• Enjoy lunch at the local house (plov). before
driving to Samarkand
• Travel early to Samarkand, where the mausoleum Guri-i-Amir is first on your list
• Discover Samarkand's Pearl of the Orient,
housing the famous Registan square
• Onto the Architects and Artisans Khorossan,
situated near the vibrant city bazaar
• Enjoy breakfast at the hotel, before embarking on a visit to the necropolis of Shak-i Zinda
• Explore the Observatory of Ulugbek, widely
considered as the first observatory in Central Asia
• Enjoy a view of the Afrasiab Museum, located
right behind Afrasiab Hill
• Home of the greatest conqueror of Central Asia – Tamerlan (Amir Temour)
• Enjoy lunch before discovering the ruins of
• Drive back to Samarkand and transfer to the train station to depart for Tashkent
• Fly to Manas International Airport and head to Bishkek, the largest city in the country
• Enjoy a spectacular backdrop to the city then visit the Pobeda Square (Victory Square)...
• Duboviy Park (Oak Park), Central Ala-Too Square, History Museum, and National Philharmonic
• Head to Ala Archa gorge, located on the side of
the Tien Shan mountain range
• Hike to admire a panoramic view and a waterfall from the top of the gorge
• Return to Bishkek - dine authentically, tasting real traditional cuisine
• Breakfast at the hotel then transfer to Celestia
• View the second largest alpine lake in the world,
also called the Pearl of Central Asia
• Visit Burana Tower and an open air museum in
Balbans before a traditional lunch
• Drive to see petroglyphs - ancient pictures on
stones, 2000 years old
• Admire a panoramic view of the Issyk Kul Lake
then visit a museum in Cholpon Atam
• Explore the various attractions - Kyrgyz history, handicrafts, and other interesting artefacts
• Breakfast at the hotel then visit our Asian Bazaar and discover the bustling local life
• Enjoy a noisy and colourful tapestry of fabrics,
products and people buying and selling
• Visit Zenkov Cathedral, the Central Square of the city and the Independence Monument
Another day in Almaty...
• Tour the Ascension Cathedral, the second highest wooden building in the world
• Visit the Square of 28 Panfilov Heroes, then the
Museum of Musical Instruments
• In the evening, drive to Kok Tebe to see a
panoramic view of Almaty
Your final day...
• Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the exquisite Kazzhol Hotel
• Transfer to the airport according to your flight
• Thank you for visiting Uzbekistan, have a safe
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||£2,360|