An intriguing look into ancient culture – discover history as you trek villages and deserts – from Samarkand, the Pearl of the Orient, to Shak-i-Zinda – architectural wonder. Stay in luxuriously decorated hotels as you tour mosques, museums and madrasahs, then travel on to Turkmenistan where a night camping in a crater is to be experienced, and much, much more! Enjoy your visit!
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
A taste of history...
• Liaise with your tour guide and chauffeur before
transferring and check into to your hotel
• Visit Uzbekistan's capital city Tashkent, starting off
with the Hasan Imam complex
• Explore the Shashi Mausoleum - the tomb of
Magical Asian experience...
• Travel early to Samarkand, where the mausoleum
Guri-i-Amir is first on your list
• Discover Samarkand's Pearl of the Orient,
housing the famous Registan square
• Onto the Architects and Artisans Khorossan,
situated near the vibrant city of Bazaar
• Spend a full-day of discovering the remains of the
Ulugbek first observatory in the Orient
• Afterwards, visit the necropolis of Shak-i-Zinda -
famous for its Islamic architecture
• Check-in and stay overnight at your hotel
Discover days past...
• Today in Bukhara, visit the Po-i-Kalyan which
includes the madrasa Mir-i-Arab
• Explore the mosque and the Kalon Minaret of the
• Finally, go on excursions to the Tok-i-Zargaron
domes and the Magok-i-Attari Mosque
Former Jewish area...
• Enjoy a day trip to Liabi-Hauz, the Madrasa
Kukeldash, and more
• Take a stroll in a formerly Jewish quarter and visit
• Explore the Bolo-Hauz Mosque and the Ark
Citadel, previously home to Bukhara Emirs
To the border...
• Transfer to the Uzbekistan-Turkemenistan Border
• After all the necessary formalities, cross to the
neutral zone to meet the Turkmen guide
• Your driver at Turkmenabat will take you to Mary,
for an overnight stay at the hotel
• Breakfast at the hotel then drive to the Ancient
• Discover the historical park, featuring Sultan
• Return to Mary for a visit to the Merv History
Museum, before flying to Ashgabat
Last day in Turkmenistan...
• Depart to Kunya Urgench, the ancient capital of
• Learn about the historical mausoleums Yurabek
Khanym, Sultan Tekesh and others
• Drive to Turkmenistan – the Uzbekistan border
point Dashguz Shavkat
• Discover the inner city of Khiva, Ichan-Kala and
observe the oriental architecture
• Learn of poet Mohammed Rakhim Khan, known
under the pseudonym Ferouz
• After the tour, transfer to Urgench Airport for the
flight to Tashkent
Farewell, and thank you...
• Enjoy a lovely breakfast at your hotel
• Transfer to the airport according to your flight
• Take advantage of duty-free shopping for
souveniers before your flight
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||4 Pax||Single supplement|
|Price per person in 4 Stars Hotels||£1,610||£1,400||£480|
|Price per person in 3 Stars Hotels||£1,520||£1,310||£410|