This 12-day tour will satisfy your creative juices – visiting potters and silk-makers, and creating your own ceramic plate, before exploring famous architecture, and crossing Kizil Kum Desert.
2 full days will allow you the opportunity to experience Bukhara, and then go on to participate in another ceramics workshop. A mixture of culture, art and history, this holiday will not disappoint.
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
A taste of history...
• Liaise with your tour guide and chauffeur before
transferring and check into to your hotel
• Visit Uzbekistan's capital city Tashkent, starting off
with the Hasan Imam complex
• Explore the Shashi Mausoleum - the tomb of
• Head to Ferghana Valley after breakfast and
Kamchik in the Chatkal mountain range
• Stop at Kokand to look at the palace of the last
• Lunch at a local Chayhana Kokand followed
by arrival in Ferghana
Get your hands dirty...
• Visit "Yodgorlik Factory", then head to Rishtan to
see master potter Rustam Usmanov
• Experience his dish "mantles" - dumplings stuffed
with meat and onions, or pumpkin
• A free master class will allow you to create your
own plate, paint it and take it home
• Breakfast at the hotel followed by a drive back to
•Stop on the road for lunch then upon arrival transfer
directly to the airport for a flight to Urgench
• Transfer to Khiva, and check-in for overnight stay
at the hotel
• Discover the inner city of Khiva, Ichan-Kala and
the picturesque Oriental architecture
• Visit Muhammad Amin Khan Madrasa and Kalta
• Learn of poet Mohammed Rakhim Khan, known
under the pseudonym Ferouz
Red sand forever...
• Early morning drive towards Bukhara through the
red sands of Kyzyl-Kum Desert
• Cross the Arride Steppe with its Astrakhan sheep
• Picnic on the way at the chayhana before
continuation to Bukhara in the afternoon
Discover days past...
• Today in Bukhara, visit the Po-i-Kalyan which
includes the madrasa Mir-i-Arab
• Explore the mosque and the Kalon Minaret of the
• Finally, go on excursions to the Tok-i-Zargaron
domes and the Magok-i-Attari Mosque
Former Jewish area...
• Enjoy a day trip to Liabi-Hauz, the Madrasa
Kukeldash, and more
• Take a stroll in a formerly Jewish quarter and visit
• Explore the Bolo-Hauz Mosque and the Ark
Citadel, previously home to Bukhara Emirs
Hands on experience...
• Discover Guijdivan and its ceramic workshop
protected by UNESCO
• Visit the ancient caravanserai Rabat-i-Malik and
medieval water keeper Sardob
• Observe the ruins of an ancient Citadel built by
Alexander the Great
A day to remember...
• Drive to Mitan, winner of the World Responsible
Tourism Travel Award
• You will be invited as a guest by an Uzbek family
• Enjoy lunch at the local house (plov). before
driving to Samarkand
• Explore the Observatory of Ulugbek, widely
considered as the first observatory in Central Asia
• Enjoy a view of the Afrasiab Museum, located
right behind Afrasiab Hill
• Visit the village of Kunigul where the famous and
ancient Samarkand paper is made
• Travel early to Samarkand, where the mausoleum
Guri-i-Amir is first on your list
• Discover Samarkand's Pearl of the Orient,
housing the famous Registan square
• Onto the Architects and Artisans Khorossan,
situated near the vibrant city bazaar
Farewell, and thank you...
• Enjoy breakfast at your hotel then journey to
Tashkent via an Afrasiab speed train
• Transfer to the airport according to your flight
• Take advantage of duty-free shopping for
souvenirs before your flight
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|02 Persons||04 Persons||06 Persons||Single supplement|
|Price per Person in 4 Star Hotels||£1,440||£1,210||£1,070||£450|
|Price per Person in 3 Star Hotels||£1,300||£1,070||£930||£360|