Think adventure meets cultural exploration as you trek across the hills and small towns of Thailand's northern region. Known for its wildlife, caves and charming villages - the North of Thailand is truly a special place. Unlike the beach escape farther south, you will find unspoiled authenticity here, kind people and experiences which will fill your soul. Let's not forget about the local cooking. Hiking hungry isn't much fun and Thai cuisine is among the most diverse and delicious around!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Chiang Mai...
• Upon your arrival, meet our representative and transfer to the hotel
• In the evening, enjoy a Khantoke dinner along with a traditional Thai show showcasing Lanna culture
Off the beaten path we go!
• Start early with a guided tour of Chiang Mai
• After lunch, climb the 400 stair Naga (Dragon-headed serpent) staircase to the site of Wat Phra That Doi Sutheb temple
• Visit the White Meo Hiltribe in the mountains of Doi Suthep Pui National Park
• In the evening, meet with the trekking guide to prepare for next day’s adventure!
• Jump in a pickup truck and drive north to the Mae Malai Market
• Continue farther to explore the Chiang Dao cave
• Stop for lunch at a local restaurant
• Get your legs moving with a 2 hour trek to Lisu hill tribe village and spend the night
• Begin the day with a filling breakfast. You’ll need it.
• Today you will trek through the jungle towards Karen village (6h)
• Picnic lunch to recharge your batteries before continuing
• Arrive in Karen village at Baan Pa Kao Lam and spend the night
• Rise early to help feed and bathe Elephants
• Get going and trek to another Karen village (2h)
• Enjoy a picnic lunch before continuing to another Lahu hill tribe village (1h)
• Once you arrive, drop your gear and go for a refreshing swim in the river. Afterwards, explore the village, play football with the local kids or help prepare dinner!
• Head to Mae Tand River for bamboo rafting towards the Shan village! (2h)
• Sample Thai cuisine at a local restaurant
• Return to Chiang Mai
• Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and a free rest of your day
• Transfer to the airport
• If you haven’t had enough of Thailand, why not extend your stay and combine it with a beach escape in the south?
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax||6 pax||8 pax|
|Price per person||£540||£420||£400||£370|