Our fully customizable, private 9-day Northern Thailand tour has been designed for families traveling with children aged 5 and up. Your tour starts in the picturesque Chiang Rai and ends in Chiang Mai, taking you and your children on a cultural journey through local villages, tea plantations, underground caves, and temples, while staying in family-friendly accommodation and benefiting from a private English-speaking guide along the way. We recommend adding a beach extension if you have time, to experience some of the idyllic islands of Southern Thailand at the end of your tour.
Kids and teens will love...
• Exploring the mysterious and fascinating Chiang Dao Caves
• Feeding and interacting with elephants in Chiang Mai
• Trying delicious Thai food! Yummy!
Parents will love...
• The perfect balance of family-friendly activities and down time
• The presence of an English-speaking guide throughout the tour
• The safety of 24:7 on-the-ground assistanceSee more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Chiang Rai...
• Upon arrival you and your family will be met by a representative from our local travel agency
• Private transfer to your hotel in a child-friendly resort located in the mountains (1h)
• Free afternoon to settle in and take in the panoramic views of the mountains
• Discover the Wat Pa Acha Thong temple
• Visit Mae Fah Luang Botanical Gardens and the Royal Chalet
• Explore the colorful market in Mae Sai
• Enjoy a guided tour of the Golden Triangle and the Hall of Opium
• Discover the Chinese village of Kuomitang inhabited by anti-communist fighters who fled to Thailand in the 1950s
• Lunch on your own at leisure before heading on to Fang, with a stop at the Thaton Temple
• Upon arrival in Fang, you and your family will have some time to check-in and relax
• Bicycle to the nearby Lahu Village to learn about their culture, history and to enjoy beautiful scenery
• Head into the forest for a gentle 3-4 hour trek
• A picnic lunch will be served en-route, before touring the village of Doi Phumen
• Learn about local tea plantations and sample the goods
• Continue to Angkhang, a lesser-known, comfortable cool climate region
• Hike to the ethnic villages: Muser and Karen Palong
• Return to your hotel for lunch
• Visit the local agricultural projects
• Continue towards Chiang Mai stopping to explore the village of Arunothai
• Marvel at the mysterious Chiang Dao Caves
• In the afternoon, free time for lunch before continuing on to your hotel in Chiang Mai
• Experience a Kantoke dinner in the style of Northern Thailand. The meal will be accompanied by culinary specialties, traditional songs and dance
• Visit to De Kashor camp, 'The House of the Elephant'
• Enjoy a buffet lunch before learning how to prepare elephant food!
• Join the elephants for a walk through their natural jungle habitat
• As a final treat, you'll get the chance to help bathe the elephants!
• Free day to spend at your own leisure
• Explore the beauty of Chiang Mai
• Why not pick up a few souvenirs to take home?
• Transfer to Chiang Mai Airport OR...
• Why not continue your stay by adding a beach extension for a few days on one of the stunning islands of southern Thailand?
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person|