For those craving a pinch of spice in their relationship we propose a delightful combination of cozy accommodations, fantastic amenities, revitalizing spa sessions, cellar tours & tastings, garden walks and a 2-night scenic rail journey aboard a luxury steam train through South Africa. Beginning in Cape Town and ending in Johannesburg, the journey can be reversed as well. Many optional activities are available for those desiring a one of a kind or a more active getaway. If you'd prefer a longer, more adventurous experience, combine this itinerary with our 'bush and beach safari' for a truly unforgettable journey.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Cape Town...
• Start with a meet-and-greet and a transfer from the airport to the hotel for a 3-night stay
• Away from the city, this river-side hotel is set in a 7-acre garden facing the slopes of the mountain!
• We recommend a cozy night in, to recharge after your journey
• An excellent spa, delectable dining, a roaming giant tortoise and Fair Trade Tourism certification makes this one of the best hotels in Cape Town
• Join a guided garden walk, a jewelry workshop, relax in the spa, take a dip in the pool or pop into a yoga session (all optional)
• Complimentary shuttles provide access to nearby shopping
• Relaxing by the pool or going for a run along our well kept running paths could be a good call too
• We can also arrange optional guided trips to Cape Point, Table Mountain and the Winelands
• Transfer from the hotel to the private lounge at the Cape Town station
• Board a renovated luxury steam train for a 1,600 km journey to Pretoria
• All meals, most drinks and two off-board activities are included while onboard the train
• Enjoy a tour of the historical Karoo town of Matjiesfontein and car museum
• Includes private cabin accommodation for 2 nights with double or twin beds and en-suite bathroom with shower only
• Enjoy the observation deck and watch the countryside glide by as you sip a glass of wine or indulge your partner in a game of chess
• Stop in Kimberley for a tour of the diamond mining museum and the site of the world’s largest man-made excavation
• Tea will be served after the excursion
• Tonight's supper is a multi-course formal affair
• Arrive in "Jacaranda City" around noon
• In Pretoria, you will be met and transfer to a boutique eco-hotel in the leafy upmarket suburb of Melrose in Johannesburg
• Make the most of the one-acre garden, outdoor pool, on-site restaurant and gym
• In the evening, head to the walk-in wine cellar for a wine tasting
• After breakfast, transfer to the Or Tambo international airport
• From here you can extend your stay to join the 6-day beach-and-bush safari or board your onwards flight
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.