Prepare for the ultimate South African safari and culture discovery adventure! Across 13 days, venture from the glistening coast of the Cape Peninsula through the Wine Country (stopping off to taste some local produce), spot the 'Big Five' (lions, elephants, leopards, buffalo, and rhino) in Hluhluwe Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, and Kapama Game Reserve, take in some of the country's staggering natural sites such as St Lucia Lagoon and the Panorama Route, come face-to-face with the friendly wildlife of Moholoholo's Rehabilitation Centre, and round off your trip in Johannesburg city.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The vacation has begun! Starting with some sightseeing
• Set out to explore the city, including the Castle of Good Hope, Company Gardens, Bo-Kaap, and the Alfred and Victoria Waterfront.
• Take the cable car up to Table Mountain to discover the view across the harbor and bay.
The convergence of two oceans at your gaze
• Breakfast to start the day off right!
• Set off to visit the Peninsula. Take a detour to Hout Bay where you can board a boat to Seal Island and Chapman's Peak Drive.
• Finish off the day trip with a visit to Cape Point's Lighthouse.
• Today is a free day and we are here to recommend the absolute best activities!
• We highly advise a full-day visit of the Cape Wine Route which includes Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek.
• Along the way, wine estates will welcome you in to taste local wines and cheeses.
Fly and drive!
• Flight Cape Town to Durban. Upon arrival, pick up your rental car. Check to make sure everything is in order then hit the road in style.
• Head to St Lucia for your first stop and get acquainted with the new scenery.
• Today we explore the little estuary town of Saint Lucia, known for its magnificent lagoon.
• We will book a boat trip on the estuary to observe hippos and birds. This activity is optional and is only one of many we can recommend.
Queue up 'The Lion King' soundtrack!
• Take advantage of the car and make your way over to the Hluhluwe Game Reserve.
• This afternoon you will have a 4x4 game drive to spot the Big Five. Expel all of that energy scanning the horizon and listening to your expert guide.
• Tonight we spend the night in the reserve and enjoy a local dinner.
A mix of culture and wildlife!
• This morning we head out on a 4x4 jeep safari.
• Followed by a trip to Ezulwini Craft Market to meet the local population. We will discuss the local culture and how best to interact to show respect.
• Max your time in the National Park on safari from sunrise to sunset.
• Lunch in the park at a rest camp, or request a packed lunch from your hotel.
Afternoon game drive.
• Today, you'll have several options: Take another game drive in Kruger National Park.
• Head to Shangana Village in Hazyview to watch a cultural show and themed dinner.
• Or discover the park's cheetah conservation project, before setting off on the Panorama Route via car, stopping at stunning sites.
• Arrival in Kapama Game Reserve for lunch.
Evening game drive after dinner.
• Morning safari, then breakfast cause your hungry after all of that animal photography!
• Lunch, and back to the 4x4 for another game drive.
• Morning 4x4 game drive in Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.
•Guided tour of the wildlife that Moholoholo is currently rehabilitating, breeding or housing.
• For a half/full-day tour of Johannesburg, head to the Apartheid Museum, Gold Reef City, the former Crown Mine, and Soweto.
• Then, your trip comes to an end! We hope you've had a fantastic time.
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.