In addition to Porto and Lisbon, the two most prominent cultural destinations in Portugal, travelers will have the opportunity to explore Madeira, dubbed the “Garden of the Atlantic”. These three totally different destinations perfectly complement each other in terms of sightseeing, gastronomy and activities. After a week of climbing the hilly streets of Lisbon towards your next fix of pastel de nata and having one too many delicious Porto wine tastings, you'll be thrilled to finishing your adventure in Madeira, indulging in sheer relaxation in the calm island vibes.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Lisbon...
• Transfer from the airport to the hotel
• Spend the rest of your afternoon at leisure
• Depending on the time of arrival you can begin exploring on your own or enjoy the amenities of your hotel
• Spend the day exploring Lisbon, one of the oldest and most beautiful cities in the world!
• Walk its narrow steep streets, its tiled sidewalks, visit its monuments, enjoy the view from its famous viewpoints
• Let's not forget about tasting the delicious local gastronomy, including the renowned pastel de nata!
• Also, hit the Belém quarter famous for its monuments from the age of the Portuguese Discoveries
• Pick up your rental car in the morning
• Head to Cascais and Estoril, two charming seaside villages near Lisbon
• Pass by Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of mainland Europe
• Later, visit Sintra, a historical village and UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Choose from a number of palaces to visit. Palacio da Pena is arguably the most emblematic one
• Start in Óbidos, a historical middle age village with picturesque houses and streets
• Then, as you head north, you’ll get to choose from the following:
• Nazaré - Small fishing village with great seafood restaurants. It's also famous for being home to the highest wave ever surfed in the world!
• Batalha – Famous for its 14th century Monastery, a masterpiece of Portuguese gothic architecture and a UNESCO world Heritage Site
• Coimbra – Home of the oldest University in Portugal and one of the oldest in Europe
• Aveiro – A picturesque where streets, bridges and canals intertwine often called 'Portuguese Venice'. Here, taste the famous local sweet “ovos moles”
• Start your day walking in Porto's historical center
• Visit monuments by leading world architects from the past and the present, including some fantastic baroque carvings
• Craving more of that delicious red stuff? Visit Port wine cellars for a tasting
• Later, drive to Guimarães (1h), a small town considered to be the cradle of the Portuguese Nation and place of birth of its first king
• Drive to Porto airport and drop off your car
• Board your flight to Madeirā, an archipelago comprising 4 islands off the coast of Africa
• Upon arrival in Funchal, pick up your rental car at the airport
• Depending on the time of arrival, go for a walk in the city center, visit the Botanical Garden or visit Curral das Freiras, a settlement tucked away in the center of the island
• Take the day to explore the western half of the Madeira Island via a scenic coastal route
• It's best to set off with no destination and stop when things catch your eye
• Don't miss Cape Girão, the Garganta Funda waterfall and Porto Moniz’s natural pools
• Take the day to explore the Island, this time its eastern half
• Visit the traditional houses in Santana and the São Lourenço eastern tip of the Island
• Go for a short hike in a “levada” (traditional trails along irrigation channels found in Madeira) - a must do!
• Drive to Funchal’s airport and drop off your car
• Board your departure flight
Have a safe and pleasant journey!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Prices Starting From
|All year round||£1,030|