Experience everything this incredible country has to offer, from Lisbon to Porto with lots of stops along the way. It's a road trip! You will have a rentalcar, a guide book and be filled with an unyielding sense of adventure. Explore the two biggest cities in Portugal and countless "hidden gems" along the way. No more wishing the tour bus would stop, or that you'd have more time to spend in a captivating place. This tour is all about showing you around the Center and North of Portugal, always at your own pace meaning you'll have time to take in all of the amazing sites and experiences that you envisaged when you booked your trip. Medieval villages, coastal resorts, the Douro River Valley, vineyards, greatest scenic routes, trains, boats, local delicacies are all on offer. Grab the keys, let's go!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
You have arrived!
• Transfer from Lisbon Airport to your accommodation
• What are you waiting for? It's time to explore!
• Discover Lisbon from seven panoramic hillsides overlooking the Rio Tejo
• Spot picture-perfect cathedrals while wandering narrow, cobbled alleyways and ancient ruins
• Visit the Belém quarter, famous for its monuments from the Age of Exploration
• In the evening, experience traditional Portuguese music, Fado at a local restaurant
It's time to pick up the rental car...
• Drive to Sintra, a historic village in a beautiful mountainous setting.
• Pass by Cabo da Roca, and explore Cascais & Estoril; two charming seaside villages
• Enjoy a delicious seafood lunch at a local beach-front restaurant
• Visit Estoril Casino; the inspiration for Fleming’s first 007 book, Casino Royale
• Spend the day exploring Évora, one of the most beautifully preserved medieval towns in the world
• The city is known for its whitewashed buildings, interesting monuments and great restaurants!
• See the impressive Roman Temple, intriguing prehistoric standing stones and the Chapel of Bones
• First stop: the medieval town of Óbidos!
• This one of the most picturesque and well preserved medieval towns in Portugal....
• Wander the streets and absorb the views at Nazaré, a vibrant coastal resort.
• Finish the day at the Monastery of Batalha, a 14th century UNESCO World Heritage site.
The city of students!
• Discover Coimbra University, the country’s greatest university for the past 500 years!
• It is also UNESCO World Heritage site
• Explore the riverfront filled with great restaurants and lively bars
Off the beaten path....
• While it’s known as the little Portuguese Venice, Aveiro remains a “hidden gem”
• Spend the day searching for beautiful examples of Art Nouveau that fill the streets of Aveiro
• See the charming UNESCO town Guimarães with links to the first King of Portugal
• Enjoy a gorgeous lunch of local gastronomy!
• Visit Braga, an elegant town laced with ancient narrow lanes, relaxed plazas and baroque churches!
Your two days in Porto begin now!
• Arrive in Porto, one of the oldest cities in the country and start exploring
• Leave no stone unturned: Thousands of charming corners are waiting
Early bird gets the worm...
• Spend the early morning exploring: anything you may have missed before the city wakes up!
• Have you ever wondered how Port wine is made? Visit an antique wine cellar and sample Port straight from the barrel!
• Wander down narrow cobbled streets past merchants’ houses and cafes in the medieval Ribeira district
One of Europe's greatest journeys...
• Explore the Douro River, famous for its production of Port wine!
• This UNESCO World Heritage region is indisputably scenic...
• Travel by train alongside swathes of vineyards clinging to the hills around the Douro River
• Make the return journey by boat for a different perspective and more beautiful scenery
All good things must come to an end...
• Transfer to Airport
• We hope you enjoyed your time in Portugal!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Prices Starting From
|From January to December||£1,940|