Discover the diversity of Peru during this 10 day essential itinerary, and its three natural regions: thePacific Coast, theHighlands and the Amazon Rainforest. Begin by Indulging in Lima's tastebud tingling gastronomy before journeying through the lush beauty of the Amazon rainforest. Immerse yourself into beautiful landscapes of the Andes’ Sacred Valley and walk in the footsteps of the Inca's as you climb to the top of the Machu Picchu, high above the Urubamba River valley.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Transfer from airport to your hotel in iconic Miraflores district
• Get to sampling great restaurants, bars and shops along the Pacific Coast
• Don't miss an opportunity to try ceviche and possibly Lima's famous Pisco sour
Culture and history...
• Dive into the streets of Lima and explore its grand palaces, convents and cathedrals
• Visit the Larco museum for a thorough overview of 5,000 years of Peruvian pre-Columbian history!
• Enjoy great local Peruvian cuisine at the museum restaurant
Into the wild we go...
• Fly to Puerto Maldonado and then transfer to your lodge nested in the Amazon Rainforest
• Enjoy a traditional lunch with organic ingredients from the region
• At dusk, set off on a twilight river excursion on the Madre de Dios River
• Trek into the Tambopata National Reserve towards Lake Sandoval
• Navigate oxbow lake by canoe to get up close and personal with the diverse wildlife
• Discover the creatures of the night during the hidden rainforest excursion
• Explore Cusco, one of the most historical cities and once the capital of the Inca Empire
• Marvel at centuries old priceless paintings in the Cathedral
• Wander around Fortress of Sacsayhuaman, an important military and ceremonial center during Incan times
Private guided tour...
• Head to Pisac, a bustling and fast-growing colonial village
• Sample a traditional Peruvian-Andean lunch overlooking the Urubamba River
• Continue to Ollantaytambo, and view some of the finest examples of Inca architecture
• Spend the day exploring the Lost City of the Incas and key areas of interest including the Temple of the Sun
• Be stunned by magnificent landscapes from the top of the Citadel
• Head back to Cusco by train after lunch
• Explore the city at your own pace before your flight back to Lima
• Relax at your hotel, or go for some souvenir shopping
• Take a short trip to Barranco, or dine in the district of Miraflores
• Depending on the time of your departure, you may have some additional time for exploration on your own. We recommend indulging on some more local cuisine!
• Transfer to Lima airport for your onward flight
We hope you've enjoyed your journey - Adiós!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.