Voyage across Southern Peru, from its natural wonders to its historic colonial cities. Roam the charming lanes of ancient Inca capital Cusco, and take in the surreal views from the legendary lost city of Machu Picchu. Journey through the altiplano – the magnificent Andean plateaus – to reach Lake Titicaca, the world's highest navigable body of water. Finally discover Colca, one of the world's deepest canyons! With a mix of modern cities, snow covered peaks, llamas, tamales, traditional weaving techniques, floating islands, ancient civilizations and desert oasis, this itinerary truly has it all! Prepare to be blown away.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Transfer from airport to your hotel in Lima's iconic Miraflores district
• Begin exploring on your own or relax after your journey
• We're happy to provide recommendations for great restaurants, bars, shopping and activities!
• Catch a flight to Arequipa
• Discover the colonial center of the 'White City'
• Visit the Plaza de Armas and the Santa Catalina Convent
• Stroll to the Mirador de Yanahuara for sweeping views of Misti Volcano
• Travel across snow-covered volcanoes and Andean villages to Colca Valley
• View vibrant wildlife such as Vicuñas, Alpacas and Llamas in Aguada Blanca National Reserve
• Marvel at ancient terraces created by the inhabitants of Chivay
A day of birding...
• Embark on a 6 hour, awe-inspiring journey through the unique high mountain plains
• Keep your eyes peeled for Andean Condor from the lookout at Condor Cross
• Observe numerous species of migratory birds such as flamingos and cranes
The world's highest lake...
• Hop aboard a boat and cruise to the islands inhabited by the Uros
• Discover the self-sufficient lifestyle of the inhabitants
• Get your crafts on! Learn ancestral weaving techniques from the locals
The Peruvian Andes...
• Voyage by bus across stunning landscapes; villages, llamas, and snow-capped mountains
• Continue on to Andahuaylillas, visiting the 'Sistine Chapel' of the Americas
• Stop at La Raya Pass - highest point of the Peruvian Altiplano
Capital of the Inca Empire...
• Explore the amazing city of Cusco, one of the most historically captivating cities of all time
• Visit the Cathedral, a treasure trove of architecture and priceless art
• Head to Qoricancha - Temple of the Sun, whose interior walls were once covered in gold!
Private guided excursion...
• Travel to bustling and vibrant Pisac, a colonial village surrounded by magnificent landscapes
• Enjoy a traditional Peruvian-Andean lunch, overlooking the Urubamba River
• Spend the evening in the mystical Sacred Valley
The Lost City of the Incas...
• Travel by bus to spectacular Machu Picchu Citadel
• Visit the Temple of the Sun, theSacred Plaza, and Intihuatana
• Learn the rich history of the these fascinating landmarks from local expert guides
• Take the morning to souvenir shopping and last minute exploration before your transfer to Lima
• Drop into your hotel to unwind and relax
• Indulge over dinner in one of the many restaurants of Miraflores
Wine buff's paradise...
• Head down to the valley of Ica, South of Lima
• Visit historical vineyards where world class wine, and Pisco liquor are made
• Enjoy a traditional Southern Peruvian lunch
• Continue to the Huacachina Lagoon
Perfect blend of history and modern...
• Peruse the Government Palace, Cathedral, and San Fransisco Convent
• Afternoon visit to bohemian districts of Miraflores and Barranco
• Watch street-performers, artists, photographers, and before dining
Your last day of adventure...
• Explore the beauty of the city at your own pace
• Transfer to the airport at the appropriate time
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.