Discover Southern Peru and it’s many faceted wonders – with legendary archaeological ruins from the Inca period, through to magnificent mountain plateaus – experience history at every step.
Rub shoulders with locals, learn traditional lifestyles and customs centuries old, examine the architecture and explore archaeological sites. From Machu Picchu to Lake Titicaca you’ll witness awe-inspiring panoramas and the friendliest people Peru has to offer.
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your holiday begins...
• Transfer from airport to your hotel in Miraflores -
• Great restaurants, bars and shopping along the
• Make sure to try some ceviche and possibly a
pisco sour. Lima is famous for this!
Culture and history...
• Lima - amazing grand palaces, government
buildings, convents and cathedrals
• Visit the Larco museum, see its extensive
collection of artifacts
• Have lunch at the restaurant located in the
museum. Great local Peruvian cuisine.
From the sea to the highlands...
• Travel to the Andean Highlands - cradle of the
• Experience a change in altitude and adjust to
3500m height in 1 1/2hrs
• Please relax and unwind for the rest of the day as
Traditional Peruvian-Andean cuisine...
• Pass through the plains of Anta at 3761m altitude
for amazing views
• See the circular ruins of Moray that were used as
an Inca laboratory
• Watch the workers harvesting the salt in thousand
year old traditional methods
Peru's immense biodiversity...
• Watch the landscape transition from Andean
green fields to lush rain forest.
• Explore the enigmatic sanctuary of the historical
ruins of Machu Picchu
• Wander through the streets of Aguas Calientes
with free time for lunch
Capital of the Inca Empire...
• Explore the amazing city of Cusco, one of the
most historical cities
• Visit the Cathedral with its architecture and
centuries old priceless paintings
• Walk through San Pedro market and sample local
produce, meats and cheeses
Travel by train...
• Relax on board the Andean Explorer Luxury Train
- exquisitely decorated and styled
• Pass different Andean villages, snowcapped
mountains, and herds of Llamas
• From Cusco to Titicaca this is one of the best
journeys by train, of the world.
The world's highest lake...
• Take a boat to the floating islands, inhabited by
• Discover the self-sufficient lifestyle of the
• Learn ancestral weaving techniques from the
Breakfast overlooking Titicaca...
• Take advantage of the hotels amenities for hiking
• Departure from beautiful Lake Titicaca to Puno at
• Travel by speed boat to the port, then transfer to
One last stop...
• En route to the airport in Juliaca stop at the
Sillustani burial towers
• This pre-Inca cemetery was built on a plain
overlooking the beautiful Laguna Umayo
• Take in the amazing spiritual energy before your
flight to your next destination.
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person in 5 stars hotel|