Experience the wonders of Southern Peru! Discover legendary archaeological treasures and magnificent mountain plateaus, coastal Lima and mountainous Cusco, charming Aguas Calientes & mighty Machu Picchu. Watch the traditional salt harvesting process, unchanged for thousands of years and be mesmerized by the Andean Explorer scenic train journey to Titicaca, regarded as one of the best train journeys in the world! Witness awe-inspiring panoramas and feel Peru's genuine hospitality!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Lima...
• Transfer from the airport to your hotel in the iconic Miraflores district
• Get to sampling the many great restaurants, bars and shops!
• Don't miss an opportunity to try ceviche and possibly Lima's famous Pisco sour
Culture and history...
• Dive into the streets of Lima and explore its grand palaces, convents and cathedral
• Visit the Larco museum for a thorough overview of 5,000 years of Peruvian pre-Columbian history
• Enjoy great Peruvian cuisine at the museum restaurant
From the sea to the highlands...
• Travel to the Andean Highlands - cradle of the Inca civilization
• Marvel at stunning diverse landscapes on the way up to 3500m
• Relax and unwind for the rest of the day as you acclimatize!
Traditional Peruvian-Andean cuisine...
• Cross the plains of Anta at 3761m altitude and take in the views
• Explore the circular ruins of Moray, a former Inca laboratory!
• Watch the tradition salt harvesting process, unchanged for thousands of years
Peru's immense biodiversity...
• Watch the landscape transition from Andean green fields to lush rain forest
• Explore the enigmatic sanctuary of the historical ruins of Machu Picchu
• Wander through the streets of charming Aguas Calientes with free time for lunch
Capital of the Inca Empire...
• Today, you'll explore Cusco, one of the most captivating cities in Peru
• Visit the famous Cathedral, known for its stunning architecture and centuries old priceless art
• Walk through San Pedro market and sample local produce, meats and cheeses
Scenic train journey...
• Relax on board the Andean Explorer Luxury Train - exquisitely decorated and styled
• Pass different Andean villages, snowcapped mountains, and herds of Llamas
• The journey from Cusco to Titicaca is among the greatest train journeys in the world!
Breakfast overlooking Titicaca...
• Take advantage of the hotels amenities for hiking or canoeing
• Departure from beautiful Lake Titicaca to Puno at noon
• Travel by speed boat to the port, then transfer to your hotel
• En route to Juliaca airport, stop at the Sillustani burial towers
• Explore the pre-Inca cemetery built on a plain overlooking the beautiful Laguna Umayo
• Take in the amazing spiritual energy before your flight to your next destination
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.