Discover Norway among the Vikings! Discover the ancient Norse mythology along the windingvalleys of the Norwegian fjords and historical towns. The myths are as magical as the natural scenery, and this program weaves together the great stories of the land with active opportunities to discover at your own pace. If you are ready for natural scenery and history out of this world, then this is the adventure for you. Thor says... bring a hammer!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Velkommen til Norge!
• Upon arrival in Bergen, take the local transport in to town!
• Check in to your hotel and take some time to unpack and relax, perhaps do a tour of the city?
• In the evening, your local expert will meet you for a drink and inform you about your coming week!
• Today, join a local viking enthusiast who will show you historical spots as well as modern!
• This heritage walk will give you an understanding of the history of this magical city.
• The tour lasts 3 h, and will take you from the viking era till today's modern Bergen!
• See some of Norway's oldest streets, the kings residence, historical landmarks...
• ... and discover to the incredible stories behind them!
Extra extra, have you heard the news!?
• Road trip time! Pick up your car and drive along the scenic coastal roads of western Norway.
• Take your time and enjoy the gorgeous views: the drive is about 122 miles.
• Make a stop at Gulating, a settling from the viking era!
• Gulating was a commercial center, and acted as a bustling hotspot for news and meetings.
• Take some time and visit this interesting, historical town!
• Continue your drive to Florø, and spend the next 24 h exploring this quaint little town!
• This stunning scenic drive is about 106 miles, excluding potential detours on the way.
• Hop on the ferry to Svanøy, known to be the place where the brutal Eirik Bloodaxe were born...
• Discover the countryside life on this tiny island, either by foot or bike!
While the soul is forever feasting in Valhalla...
• Start the morning with a tour lead by a local, who will show you the viking heritage!
• Visit the birthplace of Eirik Bloodaxe, ancient viking graves and buildings.
• Discover the story about this island, a true it-spot during the time of vikings!
• Hit the road again to Solvorn and Sognefjord, two more important spots for the vikings.
• This drive is 112 miles, and brings you through breathtaking landscapes.
• Visit to Urnes Stave Church, home to a grand heritage of craftsmanship from the vikings.
• The drive is approximately 74 miles, and will bring you further into the beautiful terrain.
• Park the car in Gudvangen and go for a cruise on the UNESCO listed fjord!
• The ferry brings you from Nærøyfjord to Flåm, enjoy the ride and indulge in the first-class view!
• For dinner, experience a true viking banquet at Ærgir before a shuttle brings you back to Gudvangen.
With you very local guide... a viking!
• Visit Njardaheim Viking Valley, bringing life to the history and culture of the viking age.
• Have a 1 h tour of the Valley, guided by a real viking...
• Continue your road trip to from Gudvangen back to Bergen!
• This part of the drive will treat you to about 93 miles of striking, Norwegian nature!
• Ride the train Oslo after breakfast, and explore the Norwegian capital!
• This ride takes about 7-8 h: sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!
• The rest of the afternoon will be to your leisure: what do you feel like doing today?
• Perhaps try one of the local restaurants for dinner, why not try some salmon?
From the rugged North to chic metropolitan!
• Meet your local viking enthusiast, and get ready for a Viking Heritage walk of Oslo!
• This tour takes 4 h, and you will visit places which were highly important for the vikings.
• You will also be able to visit the historical and the viking ship museum!
• After the tour, spend the evening to your own leisure
Where will your next adventure be?
• After breakfast, catch the localtransport and head to the airport.
• Or, if you would rather stay, we are happy and ready to extend your trip for you!
• We hope you have enjoyed this travel through time, ha det!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||£2,170|