With untouched fjords to urban cities, where sleek, modern style blends with century-old Norse design, Norway is a land of stark contrasts. We will travel by where untamed landscapes envelop cities, and the cordial descendants of ruthless warriors carry the legacies of adventure and harmony with nature. On this trip, you will discover why the Norwegian word for folktale, “eventyr,” means “adventure”.
Hike to Norway’s most beautiful valley Innerdalen for homemade waffles, explore the coastline by kayak and go rafting in Oppdal, Mid-Norway’s best rafting. This trip is for everyone who yearns for a little adventure!
This trip is only available from May to OctoberSee more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Feel the unique Nordic heritage!
• Journey from Oslo to Oppdal by train and indulge in the incredible views of the unique landscape on the way!
• See the alpine tundra on the Dovrefjell mountain, where the wild muskox lives
• Take a beautiful walk on the mountain to Snøhetta viewpoint for an incredible panoramic view!
• Experience the unique Nordic history on a guided tour through Norway's largest Viking graveyard, located in Oppdal.
Pick up your rental car and begin your Nordic Road Trip
• Hike in the in the National Park and enjoy the exquisite landscape, characterized my lakes, valleys and impressive mountains.
• Take a break after the hike, why not try some wild blueberries and visit the white sand beach at Gjelvilvatnet lake?
• The second hike brings you to the heart of the park across the alpine tundra. Finish next to the towering mountain Blåhøa and its beautiful crystal blue waters.
Feel the thrill of exploring the grand Driva river by Whitewater rafting in the morning
• Go rafting accompanied by a local guide. Choose between a family rafting trip and moderate rafting adventure.
• If you yearn for an even bigger adrenaline rush, cliff jumping is possible after the rafting!
• Continue exploring by driving to the Sunndal Valley, next to magnificent fjords and waterfalls.
• Brace yourself for an amazing hike through the Sunndal National Park, and indulge in the beautiful nature with 7 rivers and incredible waterfalls!
• Hike to Innerdalen, the historic gateway from the fjords to the inland, and enjoy the incredible view.
• Arrive in charming Renndølsetr and taste some homemade waffles: it doesn't get more authentic than this!
• Begin another hike to Storvatnet in Gikingdalen valley which starts by a beautiful lake.
• Hike out of Innerdalen and head towards the Atlantic sea by car.
• Take a ferry ride to Smøla, known for fishing and eagle watching.
• Make a stop at the local farm store "Tingvoll Ost Gårdsbutikk", which has become famous for its cheese production: their Kraftkar blue cheese was named the world's best cheese in 2016!
• Enjoy a visit of the farm store, indulge in the local knowledge of cheese production and of course, try some cheese!
An island of endless opportunities
• Pick an activity your choice, why not join a guided kayak tour or a boat-based White-Tail Eagle safari?
• If you prefer to stay on land, this picturesque island is also offers a perfect opportunity for a bike ride!
This road is a unique, spanning over several islands and 8 km of bridges...
• Hike up Freikollen and enjoy a panoramic view of the ocean, the mountains in Trollheimen and the alps of Romsdalen.
• There are two optional activities on this day depending on season. Visit the Kvernes Stave Church, a historical, 14th century building 25 minutes from the Atlantic road...
• ...Or take a boat ride in a replica of a viking ship to Håholmen, Ragnar Thorseth's 18th century fishing village with original wharves, traditional fishermen's shacks and bakery.
• Today you can pick between 3 different hikes! Choose the one to your liking and prepare for an incredible view at the top!
• Hike in Litjfjellet and through valley of Venjedalen with a private guide, and enjoy a spectacular finishing view.
• Brace for the challenge, and hike with a private guide over the Romsdals Ridge. Disclaimer, this hike is strenuous.
• Follow the mountain ridge rising behind Åndalsnes and hike to the Romsdal Viewpoint with a private guide, and enjoy a superb view over the town Åndalsnes.
• On your drive back to Oslo, take the chance and visit Trollstigen viewpoint! With only a 5-10 minute hike from the parking, it is a perfect opportunity!
• Hitting the road again, drive up the Rauma valley along the towering Trollwall, to the town of Otta, and further to Oslo
• Time to say goodbye! We hope you have enjoyed your stay in the magical Norwegian landscape, Ha Det!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.