Discover the wonders of nature in the Fjords of Norway: embark on a self-drive round-trip encapsulating hiking, biking and paddling adventures – starting and ending in two of the west coast’s most beautiful historic towns of Ålesund and Bergen, paddle the UNESCO listed Geirangerfjord, hike in the Aurlands Valley or biking the Rallarroad, to name just a few. Starting from Oslo also an option.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your adventure begins...
• Arrival at Ålesund airport, time to pick up your
• Head towards town - picturesque fishing village
with art nouveau centre
• Take an evening stroll along the harbor
Entering the fjords...
• A two hour drive, then two ferries takes you through Hjørundfjord
• From here travel to the tiny village of Urke
• Discover the historic Union hotel before continuing to Norangs valley
Back to nature...
• Meet your guide at early light for basic instruction
• Enjoy the majestic fjords, silently gliding across
the waters in a kayak
• Head to an abandoned waterfront farm for camp, and fish for your dinner!
Watch for whales...
• Breakfast by the campfire before heading out for the day
• Paddle into the Geirangerfjord, then hike up to
view the fjord from above
• Kayak to the ferry, then head back to your car, and on to your next stop.
• Spend the first of your three nights hiking in the
• Discover the connections of glaciers leading to the Jostedals glacier
• Or relax, rent a bike, or climb the Via Ferrata in
To the ocean...
• From the base of the fjords you can visit the coast along Panorama Road
• Visit the fishing village of Kalvåg on one of the islands
• Take advantage of lovely days to discover Grotli with its white sandy beach
Spot a reindeer...
• Weave between glaciers and mountains in the
Strynefjellet mountain pass
• Stop off in Jotunheimen National Park to stretch
• Continue up the Bøver Valley to a hotel at the foot of Norway’s highest mountain
Back to the past...
• Discover ancient artifacts as you tour areas where ice has receded to records of 6,000 years ago
• Discover old hunting posts and ancient hunting gear from days past
• View breath-taking panoramic sights at 360 degrees
Exploring the mountains...
• Take on the extensive six level high rope trail, or
explore on horseback
• Embark on 4 hour journey to Aurlands Valley,
over Sognefjellet mountain pass
• Descend into the world’s longest fjord and cross it by boat
So much to discover...
• Get active and stretch your legs trekking down the Aurland’s canyon
• Rent a bike as your means of travel to Flåm
• Return to your hotel for comfort and relaxation
with all it has to offer
On the way to Bergen...
• During your 3.5 hr trip from Aurlands Valley to
Bergen, stop in at Flåm
• Take a speedboat safari to one of the local
• Discover the charming little city of Bergen with its historic wooden houses
Time to say goodbye...
• Stroll along Bergen’s fish markets in the morning
• Pack up and head to the airport for your flight
• Thank you for visiting Norway, we hope to see you again - Ha det!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|March 2020 to October 2020||£1,140|