Breathe deeply and allow for the hustle-and-bustle of city life to fade away. Observe as concrete streets turn to dusty paths and suits are replaced by tribal tattoos. Wake each day to vibrant sounds of wildlife and grab life by the horns. This 15 day off-the-beaten-path adventure is ideal for active individuals, small groups and nature enthusiasts. New Zealand is an incredible country with friendly locals and stunning, diverse scenery. This carefully curated itinerary aims to better fulfill the expectation of a 'once in a life time journey' in an authentic manner by including lesser known travel routes and unique activities. Retrace the footprints of native Maori guides and discover a vibrant culture, bathe in geothermal pools, explore underground cave systems, hike, sail, road trip, taste and most importantly, find a baby sitter for the kids. Let's go!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Get ready to experience the city Aucklanders love, far from the beaten path...
• Explore Auckland on foot with a private walking tour and a top-rated local guide
• Sample artisan chocolate, a cheese tasting or hand-rolled ice cream
• Spot new trends at designer boutiques and hidden galleries
• Discover the excitement of sailing an America's Cup vessel
Leave the city behind...
• Board the mesmerizing flight to Waiheke Island
• Enjoy a one-of-a-kind wine-tasting experience at Man O’ War vineyard
• Dive into the wild during the Tawharanui Nature and Kiwi Day and Night Tour
• Explore the Kiwi habitat, stunning white sand beaches and native coastal forests
• Enjoy a scenic drive down backcountry roads and farm tracks
• Explore caves full of glow worms!
• Continue to the Cave of the Spirit, a site of many unique stalactites, stalagmites, fossils and tomo
• Retrace the footprints of the original Maori guides during the full-day Maori experience
• Travel to a geothermal village to interact with its people and enjoy a traditional lunch
• Have a soak in anatural hot pool at Hot Water Beach
• Enjoy an island tour by road with your accommodation hosts
• Learn about Island life, from earliest Maori to the sealers, whalers, saw-millers and fishermen right up to the present and what it’s like to live here now (in a population of only 400 people)
• Interact with kiwi in their natural habitat. You will have exclusive access to private land where the kiwi come out at night to feed
• Explore the open animal sanctuary of Ulva Island for a glimpse into New Zealand’s ancient past
• Embark on a short boat trip to the Island
• Learn about the nature preservation efforts during a guided interpretive walk
• Transfer by boat to Port William wharf along the stunning coastline
• Hike through the varied Rakiura National Park forest to Lee Bay (3-4h)
• Observe a plethora of wildlife, such as Mutton birds, Shags, Buller’s Mollymawks, Cape Pigeons, Blue Penguins, Bellbirds, Tui, Fantails, Parakeets, Shining Cuckoos, Grey Warblers, Kaka and Tomtits!
• Enjoy a drive along the scenic coast, guided by our excellent destination map
• Visit various natural wonders, some of which will require walking too! Stretch the legs!
• Explore isolated locations for the best possible viewing of peninsula wildlife
• Our private conservation area ensures exclusivity with brilliant opportunities to photograph Hooker's Sea lions, Yellow-eyed Penguins, Blue Penguins and Fur Seals
• Observe Royal Albatross along with 25-30 other estuarine and marine bird species
• Drive to Moeraki Lighthouse to view the Yellow-Eyed Penguins and fur seals
• Visit the Moeraki Boulders
• Return to the Lodge in time for canapes and dinner!
• Join an experienced guide for a personalized tour of Oamaru’s historic center
• Discover the town's massive importance in the Southern Hemisphere
• Boat cruise to the remote Mou Waho Island nature reserve
• Head off on a guided bush walk to a lake right on top of the island!
• Relax over tea in a beautiful setting overlooking the lake
• Plant a native tree as part of your eco-experience
• Board a one-way scenic flight offering fantastic views of the Southern Alps
• Enjoy a leisurely, small-group day trip in Milford Sound
• Boat cruise along the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea
• First, jet boat down the Waiau River to the end of the Balloon Loop trail
• Then, bike the 19 km trail back to town
• Transfer to Queenstown Airport through the lesser traveled backroads and farmlands
• Journey through the Te Anau Basin, the Mavora Conservation land, and the Mavora Lakes, locations used during filming of the “Lord of the Rings”
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Prices Starting From