Bienvenidos a Mexico! Let us take you away from those over-populated sites and switch out crowded plazas for stunning lakes and soulless resorts for ancient temples. This carefully selected itinerary is dedicated to combatting over-tourism by offering authentic experiences and hidden gems as alternatives to the usual highlights. Explore quaint markets, immerse yourself deeply in nature, get lost in jungle temples, relax along lakeside haciendas, chase waterfalls and indulge in great local food, drink and company!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Arrive in the city of Tuxtla Gutierrez and meet your private driver
• Depart for the village of Chiapa de Corzo, one of Mexico's Pueblos Magicos (Magic Towns), a great jump off point for Canyon del Sumidero
• Enjoy this quaint town and try some authentic local food in the central square
• Travel down to the Rio Grijalva, where you will take a boat through the beautiful Canyon del Sumidero
• Visit the Christmas Tree Falls, a rock wall eroded by 800 m/2,625 ft high waterfall
• Observe a great variety of wildlife including herons, vultures, spider monkeys and crocodiles
• In the afternoon, head to San Cristobal de las Casas, a lovely city located at the center of an indigenous population area
• Horseback ride through the mountains that surround San Cristobal de las Casas (Suitable for every level)
• Ride to the quaint town of San Juan de Chamula, where you will experience a special element of traditional Mayan culture!
• Lunch with the Locals in Zinacantan, where Doña Antonia will open the doors of her house to share her customs and traditions
• The hostess will invite you to drink a glass of pox (corn alcoholic drink) and to taste handmade tortillas
• This morning, head to the Montebello Lakes, a refreshing retreat from the steamy nearby jungles
• Take a one-hour hike around the 59 little lakes, each of a different color, including purple, turquoise and emerald green
• Arrive in Las Nubes, take a walk the trails along Santo Domingo river and discover the amazing waterfalls with a local guide
• Here, It is also possible to rent kayaks or go rafting!
• Wake up in a wonderful setting and spend the morning discovering surrounding nature
• Then, continue to the Las Guacamayas campsite, where you will spend the night
• Visit the ecotourism center and learn about the project to protect the endangered Guacamayas
• Start the day with breakfast at the Camp Guacamayas
• Depart for a 3- hour adventure in the Reserva de los Montes Azules
• Embark on a trip to the Yaxchilan archaeological site, a place full of amazing temples, plazas, and sculptures
• Reach the site by paddling down the Usumacinta River on a pirogue (1h)
• Sitting on the banks of the river Usumancinta, Yaxchilan has been almost completely swallowed by the jungle
• Visit the Palenque archeologial site, perhaps the most magical site in Mexico
• The surrounding jungle and the buried ruins create an awe-inspiring scenery
• In the afternoon, meet with your guide for a beautiful 2 hour hike in ‘la selva’
• Hike among gigantic trees, beautiful plants, waterfalls and howler monkeys
• Today, travel to Villahermosa and visit the La Venta Park Museum
• Discover the only open-air museum of Pre-Columbian art
• Transfer from the hotel to Villahermosa Airport
We hope you've enjoyed your time! Safe travels!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.