World famous cuisine, vibrant culture, stunning mountains, petrified waterfalls and barren deserts give Oaxaca a very unique and mystic feel. Relax in peaceful plazas full of colorful trees or indulge in the offerings of the many local cafes. There is much more to this city than pretty churches and markets. Prepare to have your mind blown and experience what this hidden pearl in the heart of Mexico has to offer!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Upon arrival in Oaxaca you will be picked up at the airport and are taken to your hotel
• Begin with a walking tour of the city. Explore the cobblestone streets and plazas of this UNESCO World Heritage Site (3h)
• Oaxaca is famous for its delicious regional cuisine. Don't miss a chance to indulge!
• Set off on a guided hike in the beautiful mountains of the Sierra Norte
• Starting in the small Zapotec mountain village Llano Grande, trek through the highlands of San Miguel del Valle to Cuajimoloyas (5h)
• Pass through a hidden gorge, "La Cueva de la Iglesia", a mystical place full of stories & legends
• Enjoy a late lunch with locals in Cuajimoloyas
Optional Friday activity: the Guelaguetza show
• Highlights of Oaxaca!
• Two hours of outstanding folkloric ballet in cooperation with a live orchestra and traditional dances
• Before the performance, enjoy the regions culinary highlights in a delicious buffet
• Rise early to visit Monte Albán, the largest and most stunning Zapotec city in Oaxaca
• Next stop, the Hierve el Agua waterfalls
• Take a dip in the natural pools while enjoying the fantastic panoramic views
• Head to the forests of Sierra Norte for Temazcal, a traditional steam bath
• Guided visit to a traditional lively and colorful market
• Transfer to Oaxaca airport for departure
Optional activity (if your flight leaves after 5PM): Small group cooking class
• Learn how to make the most popular dishes of Oaxaca's cuisine with your own hands
• Visit a produce market where you will buy the ingredients you need
• Prepare a delicious soup, salad, main course and dessert
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|1 pax||2 pax|
|Price per person in standard room||£440||£490|
|Price per person in comfort room||£520||£620|