Traditional, hidden, beautiful are only a few words that can describe the incredible state of Michoacán. Rarely visited by foreigners and massively popular with the locals, allow yourself to get carried away by the magical and colorful colonial towns, delicious traditional food and stunning natural treasures. Mexicans believe that Michoacán, because it is so diverse, is the most beautiful state in the country! Come and find out why!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Upon arrival in Mexico City you will be picked up at the airport and transfer to your hotel
• Enjoy a free evening to settle in
• Discover the finest culinary secrets of the historical center of Mexico City with a local guide
• Walking food tour stops include Mexico's oldest candy shop, the best seafood stand in the historic center, the finest cheese and sausages in the country, one of the city's oldest traditional cantinas, the exotic San Juan market and a small Oaxacan snack!
• Meet your guide after breakfast and begin to explore the mystical state of Michoacan
• Hike to the top of the breathtaking "Nevado de Toluca” volcano, the fourth highest in Mexico
• Reach the summit after a 3 - 4 hour trek and take in breathtaking views of the region
• Continue to Morelia where you will spend the night
Important note: From December to March you can alternatively visit the Monarch Butterfly sanctuary in Valle de Bravo (instead of the Nevado de Toluca) on the way to Morelia.
• Today you will tour Morelia, the capital of Michoacán and a UNESCO World Heritage site
• Explore the beautiful Cathedral built with rose stone, the impressive palaces and the well-established University
• Enjoy a delicious local lunch before heading to Patzcuaro
• Wake up in the adorable, rustic colonial village of Pátzcuaro
• Stroll by relaxing plazas, impressive churches and loam houses with tiled roofs.
• Continue to Isla Janítzo situated in the Patzcuaro Lake, famous for a 40-meter high monument of Morelos as well as its colorful graveyard
• Afterwards your guide will take you to several markets and a small food tour
• After breakfast head to the archeological site of Tzintzuntzan
• Continue to Clara del Cobre, famous for its copper fabrics
• Upon arrival in Ixtapa head to explore the popular port area. Finish the day at your hotel in Zihuatanejo
• Enjoy the endless beaches of fine golden sand in Zihuatanejo
• Free day to spend as you wish
• After breakfast, take a taxi to the airport in Zihuatanajeo
• We hope you had a wonderful time and are happy to welcome you back!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|01 pax||02 pax|
|Price per person in standard room||£2,240||£3,140|
|Price per person in comfort room||£1,200||£1,640|