The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your holiday begins...
• Upon arrival, meet your guide in the arrival hall
• The Lanjia is an eco-friendly community lodge
nestled high on a hill in Chiang Rai Province
• First-hand experience on how to make Hmong
batik handkerchief with Hmong ladies
Two days of heavenly bliss...
• Transfer (without guide) for around 30 minutes to
the Thai-Lao border for crossing
• Private local slow boat for your 2 days cruise
down the Mekong River to Luang Prabang
• Visit some minority villages along the cruise and
lunch will be served on-board
Stopping off at venues...
• Meet local people and experience life at a
market in a small town in Laos
• Enjoy the scenery along the Mekong River until
reaching the mysterious Pak Ou Caves
• Stop at Ban Xang Hai, a village famous for its rice
liquor locally called “Lao-Lao”
So much to see and do...
• Visit the main sites of Luan Prabang, including
the National Museum, formerly the Royal Palace
• View the “Prabang”, a sacred golden statue that
has given its name to the town
• Drive to Ock Pop Tok weaving centre for a
hands-on experience dying silk skeins
Local traditional rites...
• Take a Tuk-Tuk to the peninsula, to an alms giving
ceremony of the monks
• This ancient ritual of collecting food from
worshippers is locally known as “Tak Bat
• Return to town and enjoy a game of Petanque
with local residents
Delicious dining and awesome views...
• Leave Luang Prabang town by road down to Vang
• Stop en route to visit some villages along the way
• Lunch at Phou Pieng Fa restaurant, with amazing
panoramic 360 views over the valley
• Lunch at Makphet restaurant, a vocational training
restaurant for disadvantaged children
• Afternoon sightseeing tour in Vat Sisaket, home to
hundreds of Buddha statues
• View the Patuxai Monument, and enjoy a
panoramic view over the city from the rooftop
So much to see and learn...
• Breakfast at the hotel before meeting your guide
in the lobby for your day out
• Head to the Buddha Park, containing a mixture of
Hindu and Buddhist style sculptures
• In the afternoon visit the COPE centre, established
in 2008 as a free permanent exhibition
• Meet your guide and transfer to the airport for
your early flight to Paksé
• Drive to the Boloven Plateau to visit waterfalls and
ethnic villages along the way
• Continue toward Paksong, check-in and free time
• Arrive at Pakxong and experience coffee tasting at
Jhai Coffee shop
• At noon, enjoy a delicious picnic lunch at Tad Say
• Drive to Souy village and transfer by minivan to
• Cross by ferry to Ban Muang and transfer to Ban
Hat Xay Khoun overland
• Cycle around the islands, and see the old
locomotive, railway and colonial bridge
• Return to Ban Nakasang by boat and visit the
largest waterfall in South East Asia
• Visit Vat Phou, a UNESCO World Heritage site
•Vat Phou is one of the best-preserved examples of
major Khmer architecture
• Lunch at Inthira’s restaurant in Champassak
before a free day at leisure
A day of leisure...
• Breakfast at the resort and free day at leisure
• Guide and vehicle are at disposal around
Champassak if necessary
• Head to Champasak Spa to pamper yourself
support a local cause
Thank you for coming...
• Enjoy breakfast at the hotel, then rest until your
transfer to the airport in Paksé
• We will assist with luggage and with formalities if
• Thank you for visiting Laos, we hope to see you
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|For 2||For 4||Single Supplment|
|Price per person||£2,110||£1,550||£630|