This tour will inspire those interested in visiting regions and provinces that have marked Laos’ development. From the ancient and mysterious sacred sites like the Plain of Jars, the former royal capital of Lane Xang Kingdom, Luang Prabang, today’s capital Vientiane and the southern province of Champassak. Explore civilisations which have very much contributed to Laos' history.
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your holiday begins...
• Meet your Lao English-speaking guide and
transfer to your hotel for check-in
• In the afternoon visit the COPE centre, established
in 2008 as a free permanent exhibition
• Tonight, you're free to pick where you want to
wine and dine
• Breakfast at the hotel before a morning in Vat
Sisaket, home to hundreds of Buddha statues
• Visit Ho Phra Keo, a religious museum with Lao
and Khmer works of art
• View the Patuxai Monument, and enjoy a
panoramic view over the city from the rooftop
Cruising Nam Song...
• Breakfast at the hotel before a three-hour drive to
• En route you'll see rice paddies, forests, lake
views, palm trees and rural villages
• In the evening cruise down the Nam Song River,
with stunning backdrops and sunsets
Caves, pools and paddy fields...
• Visit the first cave, Tham Xang (Elephant Cave) on
the opposite banks of the Nam Song
• Tham Hoi Cave (aka snail cave) winds its way
deep into the mountain
• Descending the Nam Song by kayak leads us right
through idyllic scenes of rural life
• Breakfast at the hotel before a six-hour drive to
• Stop by some villages and enjoy your lunch at the
Phou Bieng Fa restaurant
• Arrive in Phonsavan, capital of the Xieng Khuang
Plus mulberries on top...
• Breakfast at the hotel, then visit the mysterious
Plain of Jars
• Drive to Muang Khoun, the former capital of Xieng
• Explore the local market, where ethnic minorities
from the surrounding villages gather
Up and down mountains and valleys...
• Journey around six hours through the mountains
with some of the finest landscapes in Laos
• Stops at minority villages are possible before
lunch at a restaurant in Phou Khoun
• Enjoy some free time before dinner - we suggest
the Lau BBQ-style Sabai restaurant
Caves of gold...
• Visit the Pak Ou Caves, containing thousands of
gold lacquered Buddha statues
• Lunch at a local restaurant before a 1.5 hour
cruise down the Mekong
• Explore the Heritage House, Luang Prabang
architecture, made of wooden poles
Inspire your five senses...
• Travel like a local by Tuk-Tuk to the peninsula,
to the alms giving ritual
• Continue to the open-air food market, held daily
in the streets nearby the former Royal Palace
• Head to the Ock Pop Tok weaving centre for a
dyeing class about silkworms and silk types
A great day out...
• Free time until your transfer to the airport for
your flight to Paksé
• Lunch will be at a local restaurant, before a great
afternoon way up at Boloven Plateau
• Stop at Tad Lo Waterfall, villages, visit a tea and
coffee plantation, and the Tha Teng Market
Seasonal vegetables and herbs...
• Head to the Tad Moun waterfalls for a swim or a
chance to relax
• Continue to Khamsone’s Farm and observe
the Khamsone team roasting some coffee
afternoon way up at Boloven Plateau
• Drive to Laven Village, and discover the Laven
peoples' agriculture and lifestyle
• Visit Vat Phou, the second UNESCO World Heritage
site in the Lao PDR
• Best-preserved examples of Khmer architecture,
some 200 years older than Angkor Wat
• Lunch at Inthira’s restaurant in Champassak
before heading back to your hotel
A day of leisure...
• Breakfast at the resort and free day at leisure
• Guide and vehicle are at disposal around
Champassak if necessary
• Head to Champasak Spa to pamper yourself
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|For 2||For 4||Single Supplement|
|Price per person||£1,910||£1,510||£580|