Visit the former kingdoms of Luang Prabang, Vientiane and Champassak, which used to make up the Lane Xang Kingdom before the French colonial times. Embrace this unique opportunity to experience Lao culture and traditions with very hands-on experiences and activities, hosted by local, passionate people. What's not to enjoy? Your fun-filled and exciting trip to Laos starts right here!
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Off and running...
• Meet your Lao English-speaking guide and
transfer to your hotel for check-in
• Ascend Phou Si Hill, offering stunning views over
the Mekong, rivers, and mountain ranges
• Once back at ground level, stop at the awakening Hmong Night Market
A busy day ahead...
• Explore Luang Prabang, visiting The National
Museum, formerly the Royal Palace
• Visit Vat Mai's Traditional Arts and Ethnology
Centre depicting Laos‘ rich ethnic diversity
• Embark on a private slow boat cruise on the
Mekong, towards the Pak Ou Caves
• Ms Chailee, a skilled seamstress, teaches others
about the importance of recycling
• Join a Natural Dyes Class in an introduction to
silkworms and silk types
• Enjoy sunset views from the backyard of Vat Pra
Bat Thai, almost at level with the Mekong River
Local cultural heritage...
• Spend a morning on a community-based living
rice farm in the idyllic countryside
• Visit local handicraft stalls and workshops for
bamboo, blacksmith and sugarcane techniques
• Kuang Si is a good place to get more familiar with national flower species
More hands-on experiences...
• Chat with monks and witness a light initiation to
• Finish off the morning with a traditional Lao
stencil workshop with Anousith
• Meet Mr Khampuiy, a traditional sticky rice farmer and a blacksmith
The elephant in the room...
• Visit the Elephant Village Camp
• Lunch at Elephant Camp restaurant, then bathe
an elephant down at the Nam Khan River
• Boat trip to Tad Sae Waterfall to relax, dip your
feet in or swim in the clear water
A day of cycling...
• Cycle downhill to the boat docking station,
crossing the Mekong River to Ban Xieng Man
• Cycle to Ban Na Kham, known for growing sugar
cane and cooking sticky rice in bamboo
• Journey across Mekong River on a fishing boat,
docking in downtown Luang Prabang
Local traditional rites...
• Take a Tuk-Tuk to the peninsula, to an alms giving ceremony of the monks
• This ancient ritual of collecting food from
worshippers is locally known as “Tak Bat
• Learn the secrets of Lao cuisine with a cooking
class by Burasari
A full day of sight-seeing...
• Begin the morning viewing Vat Sisaket, which
shelters hundreds of Buddha statues in its walls
• Continue to Ho Phra Keo, now used as a religious museum
• View the Patuxai Monument and enjoy a
panoramic view over the city from the rooftop
So much to see...
• Head for the Buddha Park, known as the Vat Xieng Khuan to the locals
• Stop en route at the Lao Disabled Women's
• Drive to Tha Ngon where you'll enjoy lunch on a
bamboo cruise boat along the Nam Ngum River
• Take a provided packed breakfast and transfer to the airport for your flight to Paksé
• Your guide will show you the Bolaven Plateau
waterfalls and ethnic villages along the way
• Continue towards Paksong and visit ethnic villages and a Mulberry farm
• Visit Vat Phou, the second UNESCO World Heritage site in the Lao PDR
• Best-preserved examples of Khmer architecture,
some 200 years older than Angkor Wat
• Lunch at Inthira’s restaurant in Champassak
before heading back to your hotel
A day of leisure...
• Breakfast at the resort and free day at leisure
• Guide and vehicle are at disposal around
Champassak if necessary
• Head to Champasak Spa to pamper yourself
support a local cause
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|For 2||For 4||Single Supplement|
|Price per person||£1,890||£1,610||£560|