The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Nairobi!Upon arrival you will be warmly met and transferred to your city hotel. Your program for the first day will depend on your arrival time and whether you prefer to rest or start RIGHT AWAY to discover Nairobi. Details to discuss at time of booking.
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel after breakfast. And we will walk or use uber as way of. We will start by exploring the Nairobi Central/CBD area. Enjoy a walk on the vibrant streets of the city centre to get an insight of Nairobi lifestyle – Stop, discover, taste, shop while walking at free leisure. You will see it all: businesspeople, cool Matatus, urban Masais, fruits, art, you name it! And in between we will stop for a delicious Kenyan coffee or even better, a Samosa (we know where to find the best ones). Our guide will offer you several options to visit during the tour, ranging from the traditional to the alternative, such as:
- A visit to Kuona Artists Collective: An artist community located in the green leafy suburbs of Nairobi where artistic ambiance is in abundance. This is a great place to meet some of the most talented artists of the country! You'll find art in every corner, from the artists' different booths to the last corner of the garden. Cocktails on Friday afternoons - pass by if you're close.
- Nairobi Railway Museum: A cool interesting place to visit, the museum is tucked away amid the modern skyscrapers of the central business district. Wandering on and around the locomotives makes for a lovely outing and gives you a surprising amount of insight into the nation’s development. The museum itself is almost a time capsule within a time capsule—a well preserved effort from the post-independence days of the 1970s to conserve an emblematic part of its colonial past.
- Wasp & Sprout: before going back to the hotel stop here for an easy bite or mingle with local creatives and expats while enjoying a cocktail or Tusker baridi. Share your day impressions with your guide and ask any questions that come to mind about Naitobi, its ways and people. Stop by the gift shop, filled with unique local specialties, gifts and unique pieces created by local artists.
After this stop, head back to your hotel – evening at free leisure.
If you would like to go out of the hotel we could recommend visiting:
- Mercury Lounge: trendy. Good cocktails. Excellent music. Easy bites
- Too Early for Birds: a show with a crew that brings history alive in breathtaking ways, exploring everything from newspaper headlines to Kenyan idioms,” says Wachuka.
Included : Breakfast.
Pick up from your hotel and drive through the scenic countryside with a stop along the way at Great River Valley view point. Descend into the great rift valley and stop at Narok town for coffee and samosas . Lunch at Mara Bushtops Camp and afternoon game viewing.
At sun set enjoy a conversation with the Masai men and women around the camp fire set with lights. You will get to know everything about the untainted Masai culture and how it has withstood the test of changing times. This will be an encounter where you will share a drink and impressions with the Masai, both parties amicably seated by the fire. From this conversation you can ask any question to learn more about the Masai traditions. Move over to the restaurant for dinner then retire to bed after a very rewarding day.
The following two days you have an early morning game drive. Mid morning to relax and enjoy camp facilities or visit Masai Manyatta to experience the culture. This is a day where you can choose to get a bird's eye view of the reserve by going an early morning balloon safari.
On the last day you have sundownerin the bush to look forward to. It is set in the bush where you can get to gaze over the endless expanse of Africa as the sun sets in the west.
Included : Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Drive back from Masai Mara to arrive Nairobi by lunch time. You will have a driver and guide at your disposal - the afternoon is all yours to explore the city of Nairobi. Our activities menu goes on this direction – choose from the following options:
- Enjoy lunch at a place of your choice maybe stop for a coffee, fresh squeezed juice or some samosas (some of the best in town) at Kardis Coffee House or Java House.
- Visit to Ocean Sole – Art made from old flip-flops
- After Ocean Sole visit of Giraffe Centre
- Spinners Web, Kitisuru Rd – a big shop complex with art and gifts from Kenya and all over Africa
Evening is at leisure and we suggest going to the following places:
- You can end your day at Alchemist – great place with street food booths, the most famous burgers in town, Kenyan art, a cool artist community. It offers some nice cocktails and Nairobi´s urban vibe.
- J’s in Westlands
- The Elephant on Kanjata Road
Included : Breakfast.
Transfer to Wilson Airport for your schedule flight to Lodwar Turkana. Depart at 07:00 to arrive at 08:00. At Lodwar airport you will be met by a representative from Lobolo Camp and transferred to the camp by the lake shores.
In the local Turkana language, Lobolo means “a place of abundant water”. Indeed it is an area of natural springs whose waters have given rise to a verdant oasis of foliage and distinct animal and birdlife.
Explore Lobolo’s forest and spring, spot unique birds; often you will sight visiting migratory species. Relish the unspoiled beach and climb the cliff which is a backdrop to the camp and marvel at the panoramic view of the spectacular combination of features before you that can only be experienced and cap it with a sundowner atop the cliff.
Included : Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
After an early breakfast, transfer to Lodwar airstrip for flight back to Nairobi. Depart at 08:45 to arrive at 10:05. Meet and transfer to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for flight back home.
END OF SERVICE
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to April 2020||£3,750|
|June 2020 to June 2020||£4,160|
|July 2020 to August 2020||£4,340|
|September 2020 to October 2020||£4,220|
|December 2020 to January 2021||£4,310|