If you could live on one country's food for the rest of your life, it might as well be Italy! Italian cuisine defines so many aspects of the Italian culture and heritage. Indulge in 10 days of worry-free travel along scenic coastal routes, breath-taking countrysides, ancient villages while sampling the regions finest wine, produce, cheese and olive oil. Is your mouth watering yet?
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Rome...
• Check-in at your centrally located hotel
• Our local guide will pick you up for a walking tour of the “eternal city"
• Delicious buffet breakfast at your hotel
• Travel by high-speed train to Salerno. Once you arrive your private driver will take you to Matera
• Explore the many churches, dwellings, gardens and terraces built into the canyon walls of this UNESCO World Heritage site
• Arrive at your hotel and melt into the amenities of a luxury spa, whose pools were carved in stone
• Meet a local guide at your hotel and discover the secrets of Matera
• After lunch explore the Palombaro, an ancient underground cistern
• Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at your leisure
• Indulge in local delicacies over dinner we’ve arranged for you
Have you ever been excited by roofs before? You're about to be,
• Spend the day mesmerized by Trulli, the conical roof huts in the ancient village of Alberobello
• Discover the curious stories of the village with the help of a professional guide
• Overnight in an ancient Trullo turned elegant guest house
Puglia is sun, light, countryside and the warmth of its people...
• Observe the most impressive countryside landscapes Italy has to offer as you travel from Alberobello inside the Valle d’Itria in a private car
• Take in the peace and quiet of Puglia at a masseria - an ancient farmhouse restored into a charming hotel
• Take part in a cooking class and discover the rich culinary tradition of the region
A day of tastebud tingling sensations...
• Start your day with a delicious breakfast made with local, organic produce
• Your driver will pick you up at the hotel to begin the gastronomy tour of the region traveling through breath-taking landscapes and beautiful villages along the way
• Taste the best this land and our carefully selected farmers have to offer including wine, olive oil, and cheese
• Travel to the boroque town of Lecce in the heart of Salento
• Check-in to your centrally located hotel
• After you’ve settled in, it’s time for a private guided tour of the city
Don't forget a swim suit!
• Depart for Otranto, a fascinating small town and most easterly point of Italy
• After some free time for lunch, head off on a boat excursion to the Porto Cesareo, home to diverse sea life and underwater Roman ruins
• Return too your hotel for another night in the elegant and lively Lecce
• Take the morning train along the Puglia coast to the city of Bari, check-in at your hotel and enjoy some free time for lunch
• Join a special private guided tour of the white alleyways of Bari’s historical center
• Transfer to the airport for departure
• How awesome was that? Now we want to go too..
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person||£2,250|