If the idea of spending an entire week eating Italian food while discovering some of antiquity's most legendary cities sounds like a good time, trust us, it's even better than you think! Cooked up by our very own local agency in Italy, this culinary experience offers the very best of Italy. Prepare for rummaging through the woods while truffle hunting, learn how to make your own pasta & gelato, discover some of the best wine regions in the world with seemingly endless tastings of the delicious red nectar and local produce. Better bring some sweat pants!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Benvenuto in Italia!
• Your gourmet Italian escape starts from Turin, the first capital of Italy
• Check-in and enjoy some time to relax
• Our food guide will pick you up at your hotel for a Turin food walk
• Discover the beautiful and elegant city one local venue at a time while tasting gourmet specialties
• Leave the city and roam the countryside of Lange, Roero and Monferrato
• Your driver will pick you up at your hotel bring you to a meeting with a local truffle hunter
• Set off a hunt for the famous tuber magnatum, the truffle, with your guide and his dogs! Later, enjoy a light truffle tasting
• After enjoying some free time for lunch, continue to a handpicked winery
• After a warm welcome, walk through the cellar, learn about the production of Barolo wine and end the experience with a tasting of the sensational red nectar
• Gaze upon beautiful landscapes of the Langhe hills, comfortably sat in your car while en route to your elegant countryside accommodation
• Tonight, indulge over a traditional piedmont dinner
• Drive to the University of Gastronomic Science, where food, flavors, traditions and science melt together
• Experience a guided tasting of 5 different wines coming from different areas of Italy
• Later, head to a premium spa, situated atop a hill overlooking a beautiful vineyard
• Rejuvenate in a swimming pool, hot tub, cold tub, sauna, Turkish Bath or take in the stunning scenery of Langhe Hills over a cup of tea
• Return to your accommodation in time for sunset
• For breakfast, enjoy a rich buffet of local produce
• Transfer to the Turin train station and board a comfortable high-speed train to Bologna
• Upon arrival, a driver will be waiting for a transfer to a lovely boutique hotel
• Later, join a local chef for a pasta making class
• End the experience dining together with the chef, enjoying the pasta you prepared
• Start with a visit to a Parmesan Cheese producer
• Observe all phases of production and end with a Parmesan cheese tasting
• Next, we selected a family run Balsamic vinegar producer where you will learn about Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena DOP
• This is the only official balsamic vinegar that needs to be aged 12 years or 25 years! A tasting is included
• Later, visit a Gelato museum where you will see its evolution, from roman times to our times
• Join a gelato making workshop, learn the secrets and taste the goods!
• Today, explore another wonderful Italian countryside - Tuscany
• Travel by high speed train from Bologna to Florence
• Upon arrival, a car will be waiting to take you to San Gimignano and the Chianti area
• Spending the day learning about and tasting saffron, extra virgin olive oil, Vernaccia wine & Chianti wine
• At lunch time, enjoy a delicious lunch made with these local products
• Savor a panoramic drive while your chauffeur escorts you to your elegant countryside accommodation
• After some time to relax, a gourmet dinner with local products awaits
• Today, explore Val d’Orcia, known for the beauty of its landscape, pecorino cheese and full body reds!
• Meet a local guide in Pienza for a tour of the historic town
• Proceed to one of the best pecorino cheese producers of Val d’Orcia for a delicious light lunch with pecorino cheese and other local products
• After the lunch, continue to the medieval townof Montepulciano and visit an ancient winery for a tasting
• Journey to Rome by high speed train
• Check-in at your hotel centrally located and relax after for a bit
• When ready, join a small group, walking food tour of Rome
• Or, go for a private dessert tour of Rome (This decadent alternative will set you back 150 euros per person)
• We hope you had the time of your life!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.