Tradition, history, heritage, breath taking scenery and the friendliest nation you’ll ever meet. This is the best of Ireland, taking you to cities, coasts and castles and the highlights of the Wild Atlantic Way! Ireland is the backdrop for much of the critically acclaimed HBO series, Game of Thrones, and this 7 day road trip visits a number of the shooting locations featured the show regularly. Visit the real King’s Road, Haunted forest, Winterfell and more. You do not have to be a fan of the show to appreciate the beauty and serenity that accompanies many of these locations.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your journey begins now! Hold the wall!
• If you have time upon arrival, we will organize a visit to the world famous brewery that produces Ireland’s national drink The Guinness Storehouse.
• Visit also the Trinity college – Ireland’s most famous university.
• Here you will see the famous Book of Kells. This book is one of the first Christian manuscripts found.
Game of Thrones fans be ready...
• Today we will visit Tollymore forest park. Some parts of Game of Thrones was filmed here. Oak wood from Tollymore was the preferred material for the interiors of the White Star liners including the Titanic.
• We will the go to Audley Castle and Inch Abbey and learn about its interesting history.
• Fun fact, Inch Abbey is a regular in Game of Thrones. Robb Stark’s camp was located here in season one and it is where he was proclaimed the King of the North.
Titanic and the black cab history
• Today we will discover Belfast! Belfast does not only have a rich history but offers a fantastic quality of life.
• With a relatively young population, the city continues to evolve and develop. A thriving arts and cultural scene is on hand!
• Go for example to the Titanic Belfast and learn more about the history of Titanic.
• Todays journey will bring us to the Glens of Antrim, which is a beautifully unique and a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
• Near Larne you will discover many sites of Game of Thrones. There is a passage called "Uslter Way" where you can walk around "Winterfell". It was also in Cairncastle that the tragic part of the series began with Ned Starks decapitation. This is also where Catelyn captures Tyrion Lannister as she suspects him of trying to kill his son.
• You will also visit the Dark Hedges, a beautiful avenue of beech trees was planted by the Stuart family in the eighteenth century.
A new day with new adventures!
• Murlough Bay is considered one of the most beautiful bays along the Antrim coast. It’s in these Atlantic waters that Ser Davos was rescued following the Battle of the Blackwater, and Tyrion and Jorah come ashore on Slavers' Bay.
• Located along the stunning North Coast close to Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge lies Larrybane headland. Larrybane was the dramatic spot chosen for Renly Baratheon’s camp in Season 2. This is where Catelyn Stark agrees a treaty with Renley on behalf of her son Robb. You might remember Renley swearing he will avenge Ned’s death and bring Catelyn Joffrey’s head. And then the drama really starts to unfold…
• Today we will visit Dunluce Castle. One could spend hours marveling at such a wondrous feat of construction 500 years ago!
• Dunluce has become even more alluring to visitors; since starring in HBO's Game of Thrones. The castle was the perfect location for bleak Pyke of House Greyjoy on the Iron Islands.
• Also, we will visit Downhill strand, which is a part of an 11km stretch of sand and surf offering a wealth of activities including water sports and scenic walks.
• Today we will visit ulster american folk park and the marble arch cave.
• Your tour guide will pause along the way to give a fun, interesting, and educational commentary suitable for all age groups to engage with and enjoy.
We hope you have enjoyed the trip!
• There are few places that can match the enjoyment of these lovely people and the scenery that compliments them!
• If you wish to stay longer we are happy to provide more options and maybe include some other sliver-screen options!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||£670|