The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your Indian adventure begins here…· Arrive at Ahmedabad International Airport.· Transfer to your hotel for the night.· Learn about the history of Gandhi’s ashram.
Dig deeper into the history of Ahmedabad…
· Visit Sabarmati Ashram and Hutheesing Jain temples.
· See 15th century Jumma Mosque.
· Take an afternoon tour of Adalaj stepwells.
Descend into the Indus Valley…
· Travel to Bhavnagar, stopping off at Lothal.
· See where remnants of Harappan civilisation were found.
· Take an evening at your own leisure.
Enter the sacred city of the Jain religion…
· Follow a guide around Palitana, pilgrimage centre.
· Leave before sunset, as the city belongs only to the Gods.
· Return to Bhavnagar for your evening meal.
You’ve earned it…
· Relax on the beach for a day.
Explore the history of the region…
· Visit St Paul’s Church, Diu Fort and Museum.
· See carvings, statues, idols and shadow clocks.
· Travel onwards to Sasangir and check-in to your hotel.
A smorgasbord of wildlife awaits…
· Take a Jeep safari in Sansangir.
· Keep an eye out for boar, antelope, nilgai and pangolin.
· Tour an Asiatic lion sanctuary.
Time for some bird-watching…
· Transfer to Rajkot and check-in.
· Tour the Watson Museum and Gandhi’s ancestral home.
· Spot birds at Lal Pari Lake and its lagoons.
Onwards to the next destination…
· Spend a day travelling to Bhuj.
· Relax in the evening at your leisure.
Meet the locals…
· Spend an entire day around the Bunny Villages.
· See the arts and crafts produced by villagers.
· These Banni Handicrafts are famous worldwide.
Don’t miss the panoramic view from the gardens…
· Jump on board a boat to Elephanta Island.
· Continue on to the Malabar Hill hanging gardens.
· Take an evening drive past the famous Marine Drive.
Learn about the history and culture of forts…
· Take a tour round Ranakpur and Kumbalgarh Forts.
· See the lush valleys and streams of Ranakpur.
· Climb the walls of 15th century Kumbalgarh.
Former capital of a desert kingdom…
· Travel to Nimaj, a beautiful town.
· Explore Chhatra Sagar, gardens built by a powerful noble.
Learn how the locals live…
· Visit a local farm and village.
· Take a bird watching tour.
· Spend an evening at your leisure.
Pink sandstone palace and stunning scenery…
· Transfer to Jaipur in the Aravelli Hills.
· Witness the charm Jaipur’s rich past and its current sophistication.
· Head to your hotel.
Explore the wonders of Jaipur…
· Take a sightseeing tour of the city, its fort and palaces.
· See an 18th century Observatory.
· Drive to the Hawa Mahal and walk through the bazaars.
Time to head homewards…
· Take a half-day tour of Old Delhi.
· Walk through the Red Fort and Chandni Chowk.
· Transfer to the airport and head home.
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||4 Pax|
|Price per person in Low season||£1,480||£1,230|
|Price per person in High season||£1,620||£1,360|