The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your adventure begins here…
· Arrive at Cochin International Airport in Kochi.
· Transfer to your hotel and relax for the evening.
Get used to your surroundings…· Explore the Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace and St. Francis Church.· Discover Fort Kochi, a small village near the city.· Enjoy a traditional Kathakali dance performance.
Keep an eye out for goat tracks…
· Take a half-day trek to Letchmi Hills.
· Visit Eravikulam National Park and Reserve.
· Learn about Nilgiri Tahr, a local endangered mountain goat.
Unspoiled tropical forests and incredible wildlife…
· Transfer to Periyar and head to your hotel.
· Walk through the spice plantation.
· Learn about the history and property of Indian spices.
Look out for a family of elephants…
· Take a boat safari in Periyar National Park.
· Hike through forests and marshy grasslands.
· Look out for elephant, boar, deer and butterflies.
Float through palm fringed lagoons…
· Board a floating houseboat for a tour of the canals.
· See a local cooking demonstration of Keralan food.
· Watch the beautiful sunset over the canals and lakes.
Spend the day cruising across Lake Vembanad...
· Board a traditional houseboat on the lake.
· Tour the Alleppey backwaters, past manmade islands.
· Taste traditional tea and nibbles for lunch.
Welcome to the cleanest beach in India…
· Learn about traditional coir making.
· Chill out on the coconut fringed beach.
· Meet the locals in the nearby village.
One day at the beach just isn’t enough…
· Set up a game of beach volleyball.
· Take a dig in the warm sea waters.
· Sunbathe or enjoy a picnic on the sands.
Explore the unique traditions of Southern India…
· Visit Kumbalanghi village, a tourist fishing village.
· Witness traditional activities like crab farming or leaf weaving.
· Watch the traditional Chinese fishing nets at work.
Coconut palms against an evening sky…
· Take a sightseeing tour of a shipbuilding yard at Beypore.
· See the day’s catch at Calicut Beach’s fishing harbour.
· Get snaps of the sunset from the peace of the beach.
Verdant forests, intimate valleys and exposed ridges…
· Travel to Wayanad deep in the Western Ghats mountains.
· Learn about the production of tea, coffee, pepper and cardamom.
· Keep an eye out for abundant nature.
Muthanda Sanctuary, Edakkal Caves and Pookode Lake…
· Enjoy a packed day of sightseeing with caves, museums and wildlife.
· Enter Edakkal Caves, early example of human settlement in the area.
· Look out over Pookode Lake, surrounded by thick woods.
Relax at the resort…
· Chill out for a day of well-earned rest.
· Get some spa therapy to truly relax.
The bold red domes of Mysore Palace…
· Visit Mysore Palace, one of India’s most visited locations.
· Climb the Chamundi Hills outside the city.
· Spot by the market, temples and an art gallery.
Into India’s answer to Silicone Valley…
· Travel to Bangalore, a multi-cultural melting pot.
· See parks, cinemas, bazaars and historical monuments.
· Spend an evening at your leisure.
Ancient meets modern in Bangalore…
· Tour the palaces, parks and gardens of Bangalore.
· See Bull Temple, built in honour of Nandi the Bull.
· Push through crowded markets to the peace of Lal Bagh gardens.
Time to head home…
· Transfer to Bangalore International Airport.
· Spend some free time in the city depending on schedules.
· Head home and come back soon!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||4 Pax|
|Price per person in Low season||£1,310||£1,120|
|Price per person in High season||£1,360||£1,170|