Hot springs and geysers, mountains and volcanoes, wildlife and culture, are only some of the phenomena you will experience during this trip to Iceland! Spend an extraordinary week with a perfect mix between activities and relaxation. Welcome to our mind blowing country!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• At arrival, pick up your rental car and drive through the expansive lava field of Reykjanes peninsula, and to the unique geothermal spa known as the Blue Lagoon.
• Allow yourself to bask and relax in the silica rich, milky white waters of this natural wonder.
• After your lunch, visit the lava tunnel of Raufarhólshellir and learn about the impressing underworld by a guide.
• Head into Grimsnes holiday area, and then following a beautiful gravel trail along Lake Úlfljótsvatn to your hotel for the night.
• This is an excellent spot for seeing the Northern Lights in wintertime, and a relaxing dip at the hot pool on-site.
• Start your morning by driving over the Kerid Crater Lake for a walk alongside the crater rim.
• Then head over to the agricultural village of Fludir and enjoy a morning dip at the oldest public geothermal pool in Iceland, now known as the Secret Lagoon.
• For lunch, make your way to the nearby village of Reykholt and to Fridheimar tomato farm. Famous for their tomato soup and home made bread, the family is alway on-site and you can learn about the process of growing vegetables in greenhouses just south of the Arctic Circle.
• After your lunch it´s time to explore the three most visited attractions in Iceland - collectively known as the Golden Circle.
• First, Haukadalur valley which has a variety of natural springs, next up is the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall. And finally, continue towards Lake Laugarvatn where you can walk along the black sand beach of the lake where you find bubbling hot water trickling into the lake.
• Today you will explore the West coast of Iceland and start by driving into the fjord of Hvalfjordur.
• Explore unspoiled beauty with high mountains, trickling brooks, and many hiking trails. The most popular is undoubtedly a challenging hike to the highest waterfall in Iceland, the 600ft Glymur.
• Make stops at Deildartunguhver, the most voluminous hot spring in Europe, for a a whiff of the sulphurous waters, and in the waterfalls of Hraunfossar.
• Stop at the Gerduberg cliffs, an impressive wall of basalt columns, to stretch your legs before traversing the peninsula by the Vatnaleid mountain pass as you make your way to the town of Stykkisholmur.
• Today you will enjoy the beauty and ruggedness of the Snæfellsnes peninsula in all its glory.
• Head west from Stykkisholmur and towards the town of Grundafjordur. Soon you will catch sight of the most photographed mountain in Iceland, Kirkjufell.
• In the town of Grundafjordur you will be joining a sea-kayaking tour which takes you on a tour around the beautiful Mt. Kirkjufell, and with a good chance of experiencing wildlife out on the ocean.
• Explore the villages of Arnarstapi and Hellnar, and stretch your legs in the lava fields around the impressive rock formations of Londrangar.
• After breakfast you´ll head a bit back west and to Vatnshellir lava cave where you will be meeting up with your guide who will take you on a breathtaking tour underground.
• Back on the surface, make your way to Arnarstapi and enjoy lunch at the excellent Snjófell restaurant.
• Just across the road from your hotel is the towering and beautiful waterfall of Bjarnarfoss and a bit further east is the black sand beach of Ytri-Tunga which is the premier spot of the peninsula to see seals.
• Today we will leave for Borgarnes and Reykjavik!
• Passing through the town of Borgarnes, you can visit the excellent municipal pool, or walk through the Icelandic Sagas at the Settlement Center where your guide tells you all about the coming of Vikings to Iceland in the 9th century, and the lives of the early settlers.
• Spend the afternoon at leisure or join a whale watching tour from the old-harbor, or why not a very popular food walking tour with a local guide that takes you through the fascinating world of Nordic cuisine.
• For your final day of exploration in Iceland you will discover the powerful geology and barren lunar landscapes of the Reykjanes peninsula.
• Take the car to the geothermal field of Seltún where you find hissing steam vents and bubbling mud pools aplenty.
• Continue and visit the geothermal field of Gunnuhver which is next to one of Iceland ́s largest geothermal power plants.
• Then go to the Reykjanes lighthouse for some oceanside views before going to the Bridge between Continents where you can see evidence of the tectonic plates drifting apart.
• Today it ́s time to head back to the airport, return your car and look through all your pictures form your great time in Iceland.
• I hope you have enjoyed this amazing vacation and just know that you ́ll always be welcome back!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||£1,930|