Welcome to gorgeous Iceland! On this trip, you will feel the true force of nature. Experience soaring waterfalls, grand glaciers and breathtaking fjords. During these 8 days, you will have the chance to visit Reykjavik, the northernmost Capital of the world, see the famous glacier of Vatnajökull, try local specialties at the farm Friðheima and so much more. Ready for a trip to the island of fire and ice?See more
The land of ice and fire
• Hop on the bus transfer at the airport upon arrival.
• Begin to explore the Northernmost capital of the world: Reykjavik!
• Stroll the main street of Laugavegur and take in the views from the Hallgrimskirkja church.
• Enjoy a delicious dinner at one of the local restaurants, before tucking in for the night.
• Meet your guide and group an 9 am, for a tour of the south coast!
• See the black sand deserts, tumbling waterfalls, and glaciers.
• Visit the beautiful waterfall Seljalandsfoos, which you can make a beautiful hike around!
• If conditions are right, you will witness the magnificent Northern Lights in the countryside!
The famous glacier...
• Today, you will head to the National Park of Vatnajökull, named after the massive glacier.
• See one of the Icelandic highlights east of Skaftafell, the glacierlagoon of Jokulsarlon!
• Cross the road from the lagoon to the black sand beach, which is covered in ice-debris.
• The ice covering the black sand truly makes it look like diamonds!
• Explore the area, then head back to your accommodation in Vík.
And some local specialties!
• Today you will visit the Lava center, and learn about the volcano and geology.
• Visit the farm Friðheimar, where tomatoes are grown in geothermal heated greenhouses!
• Here, you will be able to sample their delicious soup and bread.
• Next up is the geothermal fields of Geysir where the active geyser Strokkur is located.
• Finally, visit the magnificent Gullfoss, a massive, two- lever waterfall!
Explore the incredible Icelandic nature
• Start you day with a walk in the gorgeous national park of Thingvellir.
• See the fjord of Hvalfjordur, and the tallest waterfall of Iceland, Glymur!
• Continue to see the Hraunfossar falls, special in that they come from an underground river!
• When darkness falls, witness the Northern Lights and soak in the hotel´s outdoors hot tubs...
Into the wilderness...
• Get a snapshot of the rugged Icelandic landscape at the Snæfellsnes peninsula!
• See the rugged fjords, high sea-cliffs, glacier, wildlife, and expansive lava fields.
• Enjoy a walk in the village of Arnarstapi, see the nesting seabirds and the Snæfellsjökull glacier!
• Across the peninsula you will find Mt Kirkjufell which makes a gorgeous postcard.
• Traverse the peninsula by the mountain pass, and head back to Reykjavik and your hotel.
The northernmost Capital in the world!
• After some active days on the rode, take your time and enjoy this gorgeous capital!
• Spend a day of leisure in Reykjavik, and explore all this city has to offer.
• Check out the many museums, interesting buildings and just stroll around the town!
• There are also multiple optional activities if you would prefer: Whale watching, helicopter ride, lava cave visit...
Note: Ask your agent for options and prices
Hope the adventure for you never ends!
• We have now unfortunately reached the end of the journey, and its time to catch your flight.
• Hop on the transfer that will bring you to Keflavik Airport.
• We wish you a safe flight, and hope to see you soon back here in the land of fire and ice!
Please feel free to extend your trip by asking your local agent to add extra days either before or after the group tour.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Prices Starting From
|All year round||£2,180|