The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your self-drive island adventure begins here
• Arrive at Keflavik International Airport. Welcome to winter in Iceland!
• Stroll the streets of charming Reykjavik. Breathe in fresh island air, maybe stop in a cafe for a hot drink to warm up!
• Enjoy a night out in the northernmost capital of the world! Our agent will recommend some of their favorite spots for food and nightlife.
Explore the famous Golden Circle…
• Drive over wintry Hellisheiði mountain pass. Be sure to take it slow, not just because of the weather, but the drive is spectacular!
• Visit waterfalls, geysers and tectonic rifts that define your image of this dynamic island. You will understand today why they call it the Land of Ice and Fire!
• Spend the night in the region of Hella. Typical villages with not-so-typical landscape.
Don’t miss splendid views over the south coast
• Marvel at immense force of both Seljalandsfoss and Skogarfoss waterfalls. Maybe bring your raincoat today for the mist!
• Continue to the charming village of Vik.
• Take an optional snowmobiling trip to Mýrdalsjökull. We will provide the equipment and the adventure, be sure the cameras are charged!
Experience the delights of the city…
• Return to Reykjavik for more exploration of this very unique and vibrant capital!
• Meander down Laugavegur mainstreet to the harbor, along the way stopping for some local dishes or fun shopping.
• Go whale-spotting or to a geothermal spa this afternoon, or simply relax in a cozy hang-out in Reykjavik. The choice is yours, this is your adventure!
A few more activities before departure…
• Spend a final day in the capital!
• Check out the newly completed opera building, maybe a visit to one of the museums to learn about, art, history, or anthropology.
• Our agent recommend a walk to the famous sun-voyager sculpture!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.