Sisimiut is often referred to as Greenland’s Adventure hub! No matter the season, you will find a wide variety of exciting adventures for active travelers. In fact, adventure here is a way of life! You will see locals jumping on snowmobiles, dog-sleds, or bikes (depending on the season) to enjoy the expansive natural playground and we encourage you to join them! One thing is mandatory though: you must love the outdoor life. Whether you are hiking in the mountains, enjoying a mini-cruise crossing the Arctic Circle, participating in the age old tradition of dog sledding, feeling the freedom on the mountain safari or being mesmerized by the Northern Lights – unforgettable encounters with the Arctic await you. Sisimiut in winter is white snow and bright lights – Northern Lights that is.See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The adventure starts right away...
• Upon arrival in the arctic Kangerlussuaq (The Great Fiord), check inn at your hotel!
• Explore the beautiful landscape and the Icecaps by car in the afternoon.
• You will perhaps see reindeer, musk-ox, rabbit, fox and different birds!
• Enjoy an early, relaxing evening, and perhaps join the Northern Lights Tour?
• Arrival in Sisimiut, next biggest city in Greenland but only 6.000 inhabitants.
• You’ll be picked up at the airport and taken on a city tour after lunch.
• Explore the city on your own, and see sites such as the meat marked and the museum.
• In the evening, be sure to look up for the Northern Lights!
• In Sisimiut there are great chances of seeing Northern Lights as the sky is normally clear...
A day with our furry friends!
• Enjoy a dog sledding tour, a classic way to experience Arctic nature!
• Spend half a day riding along with Greenlandic sled dogs, something you will never forget...
• The slower pace gives plenty of time to take in all the impressions!
• Enjoy the rhythmic beat of dog paws against the ice and snow midst the pure silence of nature.
• Sisimiut is a hot spot for snow mobile tours: it has the largest accessible back country!
• The mountainous area offers the possibility for tours with snow mobiles.
• It's a half day safari on the Highland Trail including the areas most exquisite vantage points...
• Like the top of Solbakken, the remarkable Aappilattorsuaq and the K6 Vantage Point!
The snowmobile tour can be replaced by a city walk with a guide.
Where will you be off to now?
• Transfer from hotel to the airport.
• Your flight leaves in the morning and transit in Kangerlussuaq before your flight to Copenhagen!
• We wish you a safe flight, and wish you a happy journey!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||Single Supplement|
|Price per person||£1,260||£250|