Explore the ancient diamonds of Greece on this 15 day trip! On this journey, you will discover the vibrant city if Athens, and discover the mix of ancientheritage and modernculture, see the gorgeous Greek riviera, and cruise between the quaint islands in the Saronic Gulf. You will also have the opportunity to meet the locals, discover the traditional art of ceramics, and practice the typical dance called Syrtaki! Of course, you can't talk about Greece without mentioning the deliciousfood... You will be tread to honey on a localhoneyfarm, taste the famous Kalamataolives, and learn to cooktraditional Greek recipes!See more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Greece!
• Upon arrival, a privatetransfer will bring you to your hotel in Athens.
• After check-in, why not start exploring this gorgeous city on your own?
Check in available after 2.pm
• After breakfast, hit the streets alongside your localguide for a citytour (5 h)!
• Continue with a scenicdrive (1 h) and experience a panorama of Athens...
• Visit the gorgeous riviera (4 h), and visit the ancient temple of Poseidon!
• Here, you will also find out how the Aegean sea got its name...
Overnight in Athens.
Small pieces of paradise...
• Hop on the boat, and get ready for an island-hopingcruise!
• 3 stops: in Hydra you will have enough time to swim, or to have coffee, or to walk..
• In Poros, we recommend you to go up to the clock tower, a very characteristic monument.
• And lastly do not forget to taste the famous, local product of Aegina: the Pistachio!
• Have a delicious lunch on board, and take the chance to learn the traditional dance Syrtaki!
Cruise: From 8am - 7.pm, lunch included Overnight in Athens.
• Today, journey from Athens to ancientCorinth!
• Corinth has a greathistory and was one of the most prosperous city-states of Ancient Greece.
• See the temple of Apollo of the 7th to 6th century b.C., the ancient Agora and the Roman Odeion.
• The night will be spent in Ancient Corinth
Why not get the full experience on a hike?
• Today, we will drive through the villages of the mountainous Arcadia!
• Stop in Dimitsana, to visit the water power museum, and discover its importance for the traditional society.
• If you want to, you can go for a lighthike in the beautiful surrounding nature with a guide!
• Hike along the Lucius River through Dimitsana, the Philosophu Monastery, Gortyna and Ancient Gortyna.
Trek: optional activity, includes picnic, 4 h.
Overnight in Dimitsana or Lagadia.
• Drive to Olympia, and visit many of the picturesque mountain villages on the way...
• ... Like Lagadia, where you can see the unique stone architecture!
• We also recommend your to try the traditional, slowly boiled, sweet coffee...
• Arrive in Olympia, where the OlympicGames started, and see the incredible archaeologicalsite!
• Now, its time to cook: learn traditional Greek recipes, a delicious salad with tzatziki, which you of course will enjoy later for lunch!
Overnight in Olympia
Under the sea...
• Enjoy the gorgeous beachKalo Nero, which is an important habitat for the Caretta-Caretta sea turtle.
• The Kyparissiakos Gulf hosts many nests of these turtles, which is an endangered species protected by IUCN.
• Here, if you'd like, you will have the opportunity to take a divinglesson!
• Discover the great marine life, the beauty underneath the surface is truly marvelous!
Overnight in Kalo Nero or Pylos, diving not included
• Enjoy a gorgeous walk through the picturesqueVenetianCastles of Methoni and Koroni.
• Stroll the long coastal road, the Church of Jesus Christ, the old city and the castles...
• Taste the famous Kalamataolive and an oliveoil, which is probably one of the best in the world!
Overnight in Kalamata
And take a refreshing swim in the ocean...
• Explore the amazing landscapes, and if the weather allows, why not go for a swim?
• Drive between Kardamyli, Stoupa, Limeni and Areopoli, enjoying the gorgeous architecture and sea along the way!
• Why not take the chance and visit the cave of Pyrgos Dirou, and see the Stalactites and Stalagmites?
• Spend the night in the earth of the Gods: Gythion!
Today is a day just for you!
• Relax, swim, or just spend a day on the gorgeous beach...
• And be sure to try one of the local restaurants for some authentic, delicious food!
• Today, visit the Kranais Island by foot, only 1.24 miles from Gythion!
• This beautiful island is, according Homeros, Paris and Helene spent the night before leaving for Troy...
• Visit the chapel of St. Peter and the lighthouse, which rises 72 ft and is made from local marble!
• Explore the Monemvasia castle, built in the 6th century, beautifully located with an a cliff...
Overnight in Monemvasia (in the Castle or in the city).
• Today, visit the mythical city of Sparta, and discover its ancient history!
• The city is known for the Spartan way of life in ancient times, and the hero Leonidas!
• Climb to the Byzantine Castle city and admire the incredible view!
Overnight in Mystras area.
What are you buzzing about?
• Start today with a visit to Epidaurus, and see the most famous ancient theater in the world!
• Feel the healing energy of the Asclepio, the God of medicine, and discover his story (optional guide).
• Continue with a visit to a bee farm! Join the beekeeper, and discover his work: there will also be a honey tasting...
• Arrive in picturesque Nafplion, the first capital city of independent Greece!
Overnight in Nafplio or Tolo (10 km).
• Hit the road back towards Athens, with a stop en-route to the unique Mycenaean civilization!
• See the ancient palace of the family Atreides and king Agamemnon (optional guide).
• Join in a ceramic workshop, discover the ancient skill and tradition, and bring your creation home with you as a souvenir!
Overnight in Athens.
But perhaps you want to stay longer in Greece?
• After breakfast, you will be brought to the airport in time for you flight.
• Or, would you rather stay? We would be happy to extend your trip to the Greek islands!
• Otherwise, we wish you a safe trip onto your next adventure!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.