Widely regarded as the world's foremost wildlife viewing destinations the archipelago is the perfect escape to nature. Our fully customizable Galapagos Islands tour has been designed for families traveling with teenagers or older children. Adventure begins and ends in Quito, where you'll spend 3 days exploring Ecuador's capital city before setting off on an 11-day discovery of the Galapagos Islands. Get in touch with our local Agency and together we'll tailor-make an unforgettable experience for you and your family.
Teens will love...
• Learning how to make chocolate by hand (and sampling it) in Quito
• Snorkeling with sea lions and manta rays in the Galapagos Islands
• Meeting giant tortoises at the Charles Darwin Research Centre
Parents will love...
• The perfect balance of family-friendly activities and down time
• The presence of an English-speaking guide throughout the tour
• The safety of 24:7 on-the-ground assistanceSee more
The itinerary has been created by our local agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Quito...
• Meet our representative and transfer to your hotel (1h)
• Depending on the time of your arrival, you will have free time to either settle in to your accommodation or begin exploring
Best things in life are sweet...
• Set off on an interactive city tour through Quito’s historic center
• Indulge in a chocolate workshop (3h) led by an english speaking guide
• Free time for the rest of the day
Hiking in Cotopaxi National Park...
• Guided walking tour through forested trails of Cotopaxi National Park (6-8h)
• Take in the stunning views of Cotopaxi Volcano, observe wild horses and even play with snow on the Equator!
Strap in for the Galapagos Islands!
• Short flight from Quito to Santa Cruz
• Visit the giant tortoise reserve at the Charles Darwin Research Station
• Guided visit to the Twin Craters formed by ancient lava domes located in the lush highlands
Snorkeling with sea lions & marine iguanas...
• Day of underwater fun on a small group snorkeling tour (6-8h, max 16 people)
• Swim with marine iguanas and playful sea lions!
Free day! Spend it doing exactly what you want!
• Explore Tortuga Bay
• Cliff dive at Las Grietas
• Spot Flamingos at Garapatero Beach
• Next awesomeness: guided walking tour of Bartolome Island
• Have you ever seen lava up close? You’re about to
• Observe a colony of spot penguins
Cruise and flamingo lagoon...
• Today begins with a picturesque cruise between Santa Cruz and Isabela Island. What happens next is your choice:
• Take a trip to the shimmering flamingo lagoon
•Rent a bike to explore the island or...
• a family surf lesson!
Hike across lava fields...
• Private walking tour over the moonscape lava fields of Volcano Chico
• Discover the second largest crater in the world!
• Pick passion fruit along the way
• Eat lunch among giant tortoises!
Stand-up paddle boarding...
• Spend the day on the water either stand-up paddle boarding or canoeing with an english speaking instructor
• Snorkel with Isabela Island’s penguins and white-tip reef sharks (don’t worry they’re harmless)
Flight over the archipelago...
• Board a 6-9 passenger plane to San Cristobal, one of the most scenic plane journeys in the world!
• Greet the friendly sea lions in town
• Explore Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, the easternmost island of the archipelago
Swim with Manta Rays...
• Visit a giant tortoise breeding center
• Swim with manta rays at one of the most beautiful beaches of the Galapagos
Snorkeling at Kicker Rock...
• Adventure packed day on a small group tour
• Swim with sea lions and snorkel above schools of hammerhead sharks
• Spot blue-footed boobies around the world-renowned diving site of Kicker Rock
• Wind down on San Cristobal’s idyllic beaches
• Final morning in the Galapagos
• Fly back to Quito
• Rest up or enjoy one of Quito’s many delicious restaurants
• Transfer to the airport for your flight home (1h)
• We hope you’ve had a truly magical time in Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands!
The price reflects this specific tour itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.